Symptoms of Pregnancy Related to Gender of Baby

I am super excited. A very close friend of mine just found out she is pregnant with her second child. She says that I am her mentor in the multiple children department. I am the only one who has more than one child out of my group of friends so I'm excited to get to be the mentor. One of the first questions she asked was if my pregnancy symptoms were worse, better, or the same with the second child and if they were different in any way did it ever make me feel like the baby was a particular gender. For instance I had relatively easy pregnancy symptoms with my first - mild nausea, no morning sickness, some heartburn and the second child was mostly the same. They are both girls. She says that her symptoms seem to be more pronounced with the second pregnancy. More nausea, some morning sickness, bad heartburn where with the first she had virtually no symptoms. She had a girl the first time as well and is thinking that since the symptoms are different this one is a boy. It got me thinking if you have more than one child (experienced more than 1 pregnancy) were your symptoms the same or different and if they were the same were the children the same gender? Kind of a JFF/Poll question.

I had two boys then a girl. My symptoms were relatively the same, it was my body that was different. When I carried the boys, my boobs got a little bigger over time. With my girl, they were bigger immediately. I gained all my weight in my middle, all around, and my booty with my girl. I was a lot more round. I mean, I was running into things with my booty and my belly - ha!
My SIL had different symptoms for each pregnancy, but had all girls.

Not really a difference. With my first, no sickness, just felt lousy if I forced my self to eat a lot and went nuts for dairy. Could not stand sugar too much. Last time it was a girl, same issue except meat was not appealing. Now, same issues but the smell of cooked food kills my appetite. This time it is a boy.

Both girls and let me tell my second one 14 years later was way worse. Morning sickness heartburn muscle aches and all. Still a girl.

Besides the fact that every pregnancy can be very different, I do feel that having a different gender does add to the mix.

At 10 weeks gestation, males finally start getting a flood of testosterone - with females of course you don't.

I definitely had a very easy pregnancy without complications with #1 - a girl - t 26 y/o.

I'm having a lot more acne, heartburn, early term nausea (way past that now) and pelvic pain. It may be due to it being my 2nd pregnancy, or that I"m 31 y/o with this one, that it's a boy or a mixture of all 3 things.

totally different pregnancies

1st- sick every day (well all but two days), failed my first glucose test, passed the second,almost never felt her moving, we went for heartbeat checks frequently to make sure she was still in there, born at 37 weeks

2nd got sick maybe 3 times, but pain and pressure constantly, passed first glucose test, no hypertension, terrible heartburn everyday, could see her moving around from outside my stomach, she was a wild one, finally born at 41 weeks

Two beautiful. perfectly healthy, baby girls. :)

I had different symptoms with each. One boy and one girl.

However, my SIL was symptom free with her first daugher, and sick as can be with her second daughter.

So I don't think you can tie anything to it.

My first was really easy. Little to no nausea, no morning sickness, alot of heartburn (went through tums like they were C.) and we had a girl. I am 23 weeks with my 2nd and I had nausea really bad, morning sickness like you wouldn't believe, little heartburn and that depends on what I eat, very uncomfortable all the time, constipated and we found out that its a boy. I kept telling my husband that I think its a boy cause only males would make you feel this aweful! LOL!!! Every pregnancy is different so its hard to say for sure.

Mine were night and day. My first was easy, no real problems, no real pains, no nausea...I seriously could have had 10 kids if all of my pregnancies were that good! He was my first boy. This time around, I was really sick, pretty much miserable from the start, have had lots of aches, pains, etc., and honestly, pregnancy has been less than enjoyable. According to the ultrasounds, I am having another little boy! I even look like I am carrying a girl this time (the number of people who have said, "are you sure it's a boy?" is ridiculous), and yet, we are pretty positive there will be another little man in the house soon!

I had total opposite pregnancies. One with heartburn, one without. One with sickness, one without. Etc. Both boys :)

1 / 3