Swollen Nipples on Tween Boy

My 12 year old has swollen nipples. He will be 13 next month. Is this a puberty thing that will eventually go away or is something wrong? I have asked other men if they had the same problem when they were younger and so far no one has.

Who thinks that most men probably blocked this out if it happened to them? And I'm betting that even if those men you asked did remember this happening, they would not admit it - men are funny. :)

Yes, we have experienced the same thing...worse on one side than the other. I Googled it and it is totally nomal, which I told my son. It also said that it can last for a while...which I did NOT inform him. :(

Google "Boy Breast Lump"

Totally normal. This happened to my oldest son, and my husband remembered it happening to him too. We asked the doctor just to be sure nothing was wrong, and he said about 50% of boys experience it when going through puberty. It didn't last very long with my son.

My son had the same thing. Pediatrician said it was just hormones and not to worry. Haha, try telling that to a pubescent boy! Nothing to worry about though mama.

My son was freaked out when it first started. And with other issues we had this year, I was starting to worry. But both sets of docs said it was a puberty thing.

1 / 3