Swollen Lymph Nodes and Tonsil

I just need to know if anybody has gone throught this also. I went to the doctor yesterday and my right tonsil and some other lymph nodes were swollen in my throat and neck but I have no other symptoms besides when I swallow I can feel my tonsil. Let me know if you have been through this and what you were told by your doctor. Thanks S.

Thank you for your advise if I still have a swollen tonsil in a couple of weeks I'll be calling the doctor back. Have a great holiday!!

It aslo bothers me to have my tonsils swollen all day long,is worth when i'm trying to eat or drink liquids!
My husband sprays them with Chloraseptic and I been feeling much better.
Good luck to you too.

I am not sure what is causing your swelling, but I don't think living in a certain state is really the answer to your health issues. Maybe you were having an allergic reaction to something. I have an allergy to something (we don't know what) that causes my lips to swell. It happens once or twice a year. Really random, I'll just suddenly have a fat lip. Then it gradually goes away over the course of the day. Just a thought.

My kids and I have all had something similar this season. I took the two youngest to the doctor for it, he said its a viral thing thats going around. The kids ran a fever for 24-36 hours with thiers, but the doctor said tylenol and a decongestant or antihistamine will help, just let it run its course! Good Luck and Get well soon!

My son had this, and they told me it was a new type of bacterial virus (therefore, really untreatable) that is a fairly common throat infection. It went away in five days or so. It sounds like you might have the same, his tonsils were huge...

We moved to Kansas in June and we have had nothing but health problems since we got here!! I have pretty much had swollen lymph nodes in my neck since August with no other symptoms. My youngest son has been sick 6 times and 3 of those were with tonsilitis. The doctors just keeping telling me - welcom to Kansas!! We leave again in June and I am looking forward to us being healthy again. I hope this helps =)

Allergies have caused this for me in the past it means your tonsils and lymph nodes are doing their job. Keep an eye on it and try a decongestant. Lots of water the lymph nodes love water it clears them out.

1 / 3