Swollen Gland near Right Groin/lower Pelvic Area

Anyone who can offer some reassurance, or insight...

I have found a small lump, that hurts to touch, at my right groin/pelvic area where my hip/pelvis adjoin. This hurts to touch, and seems to have come up out of nowhere.

Please keep in mind that I'm alraedy pretty anxious about some other physical problems I'm having and have recently had tons of labs that turned out normal.

Is it possible that this is a cyst, or hormonal, or an infection of some sort? Any suggestions or reassurance is welcomed. I already have a well check with my gynocologist on Thurs of next week, so I guess I could address it with her then, they also plan to ultrasound me at that time, for re occuring right side ovarian cysts...

thanks in advance.

I'm still not sure... but it's gone. For now anyway. Thanks for all of your supportive answers.

As the other responders said, it does sound like a swollen lymph node. In that case the swelling means its doing it's job fighting off an infection and the pain is a good indication that the lump isn't something more serious.

I am not a doctor so this is in no way a guarantee ok? 2 weeks ago, my son had severe pain in the same area. The er doctor said that it was an intestinal virus that was causing his lymph nodes to inflame. Gave him a script for vicodin and sent him off. So, imho, it is possible that you are experiencing the same?

I'm not sure that this is comparable, but I'll tell you this anyway. My son had one in his groin, and it hurt a lot. I took him to the doctor, and the doctor could feel it too. Looking over my son, he found a cut on his knee that wasn't very big, but it was red. Turned out this cut on his knee was infected, and it had caused the lymph node/gland there in his groin to swell. It does that when it's fighting infection, the doctor told me.

He gave him staph infection antibiotics, and both the infected cut and the swollen lymph node got better. I hope that this is possibly your trouble.

All my best, and I hope your health gets better soon.

Not sure if this is the same thing but I had a sensitive lump that came out on the left side of my groin/pelvis area. It turned out to be a hernia. It also was the reason I found out I was pregnant, therefore I didn't go through any surgery. Mine went away and has yet to come back. Does it retread when laying down for awhile and return after being up and walking around for awhile? Good thing you are getting checked out by an professional. Never can be too safe. Good luck.
BTW hernia's become a big problem when they start to strangulate your bowel, so if the pain becomes worse I would get into see someone ASAP.

I agree with the other mom's. It's probably because there is infection somewhere. Pain is usually associated with simple infection. Just like when you get a sore throat and the lymph nodes at your neck swell.

based on experience and not medical advice ... sounds like a boil/abcess to me ... don't squeeze it. Use heating pad until it drains on it's own in a few days. definitely call obgyn if fever or redness/swelling start to spread. these are pretty common in that area. obgyn can drain it and give you antibiotics if needed. it never hurts to call the nurse for advice!!

I can't tell from what you wrote if this is on the surface or internal. If it is on the surface it may be a boil/infected swaet gland. If it is more internal and you feel it when you push in on the skin, it may be a lymph node which is a sign of infection inside the body.

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Sounds like either a swollen lymph gland as others have suggested (have you been sick lately?), or possibly an ingrown hair or one of the other suggestions. Even though you already have an appt, I would suggest calling the gyne today and telling her about this, because you may need extra time for 2 "problems" and it will help the office with scheduling. I've heard of doctors double-billing for two problems, or refusing to listen to a second problem and requiring the patient to make another appt, so just a heads up.

1 / 3