Swimming, Soccer, or Hip Hop

My 7 year old son is reluctant to participate in sports, but he likes swimming and is interested in either soccer or Hip Hop. I live in the Richardson area. Any suggestions for the fall. I don't want anything high pressure. We've looked into Upward Soccer, but they aren't providing it in my area. If I could find a Hip Hop class that has boys in it, that would be okay. I would want a natatorium for fall swimming. Any referrals?

I vote for soccer! It's a pretty cheap sport, easily accessible (there are not many hip hop classes and there are more soccer fields than pools around), teaches you to cooperate with people, the gear is minimal, and there are different teams for different levels. Best thing though--running around in fresh air--and it's a sport that can be played year around (indoor for the winter). I have to say I owe my life to soccer for keeping me out of too much trouble growing up (and even as an early adult).

Just my .02

Just my .02

C.,

Dianne Cole Johnson School of Dance in Carrollton has a boys hip hop class. Corner of Frankford and Old Denton.

www.dcjdance.com

pysa.org has soccer. My son is starting that this Fall, so I don't have first hand experience yet.

Swimming is a great sport even if it is not competeitive. Aqua~Fit Swim and Wellness Center has all year round swimming. They are located at 1400 Summit Ave Plano 75074.
###-###-####.

City of Richardson has a good swimming program for kids all year round-go to corswim.org and it will give you some additional information. Let them know of your son's hesitance-they won't put pressure on him. All my kids swim and my youngest is almost 7 and really likes it.

C.,
For hip hop, I would try Revelation Dance Studio under the direction of Fenton Fulgham. On Coit and Park by Elliotts Hardware. Fantastic place. Basically that is your only decent option in the Richardson area.

If he is interested in Hip Hop, you can look into Whistle Stop Dance Co. in Garland (located at the corner of Arapaho and Jupiter Rd.) I know she has a few boys in the class, but I don't know their ages.

They are starting registration this week, so you might give them a call!!

Several of the Plano schools have natoriums. Have you tried the Plano Parks and Recreation for Hip-Hop?

1 / 3