Swimming Lessons for 2 1/2

Any suggestions for reasonable swimming lessons? I have looked at a few place but they all seem to cost over $100 for about 4 classes.
thanks

Where do you live? Go to the Y if there is one near by. The YMCA is inexpensive and has financial aid if you need it for such programs.

Keller Pointe has swim lessons for toddlers. I think it is $65 for non members for 8 classes.

Emler swim school is $17 a class.

Bedford Boys Ranch offers lessons, including for toddlers at Splash. My daughter just turned 3 at the end of March and she took Water Tots and Water Tykes out there last year and will be doing a class again this year. The first session starts on Monday, but they have several throughout the summer. You have to go there to sign up. I don't remember the out-of-town charge, but for in-town folks, it's only $45 for an 8 class session. Last year, the most kids we ever had in a class was about 6-8.

I would look into your local YMCA. Even if you are not members (and I have to say, we LOVE our YMCA membership) swim lessons and other actiivites for kids are usually very reasonably priced. -jm

I teach swim lesson in the Highland Village area and have for 18yrs. If you would like more detailed information please email me @ ____@____.com....Please put Swim Lesson in the subject line.

i don't know where you live but check the YMCA. my now 3 year old took lessons there last summer. the only thing about the Y is they are quite drawn out so there's several levels before they can really swim. good luck. or check your local rec center.

I don't know where you live but the Y has great Mommy and Me classes. I have take my kids to Emler which is okay but pricey. The best lessons I have done have been through Arlington Parks and Rec.

Me and my 2 1/2 yr old son are starting a parent and tot swim class tomorrow through the Hurst Recreation Center and we are non-residents of Hurst and only paying around $30 for 10 classes. It's even cheaper if you live in Hurst. He will go Monday-Friday for 2 straight weeks. They have several sessions, so I signed him up for 2 sessions back to back so he will get 4 wks worth of lessons for a bargain price! Hope that helps!

I'm not sure if this is what you're looking for, but my sister teaches survival swim lessons at her home in Bedford. It's a 10 minute lesson 4 days a week. Your child will attend however long it takes her to learn the technique.. my daughter took 4 weeks. She'll know how to swim, and survive if she happens to fall in the water. It's the best thing I did for my daughter.

Here's the link to her site.

http://www.infantaquatics.com/jenniferdelacruz.htm

You can check out www.infantaquatics.com to see a cool slideshow of children learning to swim. Good luck!

A.:

Most city recreation centers offer swim lessons if their parks and rec centers have pools. The City of FW Parks and Rec offers them and they are reasonably priced. You have to check your area, but it's a start.

Good Luck,
N.

If your child is a good swimmer but needs a refresher before summer starts, the YMCA probably has cheap classes but they will be full and not many teachers.
I taught swimming lessons for three summers and we had two kids for two teachers for 30 minutes a day for 2 weeks. We had petriified kids/screaming kids that were swimming by day two and never had a kid that couldn't jump off the diving board and swim to the shallow end by themselves for graduation day.
It costs more but it's a lifesaver and you get what you pay for.

The TCC campus used to offer swim lessons for all age levels...including a "baby and me" class. They have a big, indoor pool. The cost was only $50 for 2 weeks. I'm not sure if this has changed or not. Did you check at the YMCA?

We found a wonderful private instructor who teaches out of his pool. He is a high school coach who teaches swim lessons throughout the summer. He's excellent. I don't know how young he takes students: Coach McMahon ###-###-####