Swimming - Overland Park,KS

Do you know where I can take my 31/2 son for swim lesson?

have you tried Elite Gymnastics and aquatics? they have swim lessons and they keep the water like a warm bath. There are only 4 kids per teacher. I found them on the web at www.elitegymaq.com

Try the YMCA - you do not have to be a member to take swim lessons. Our son just finished lessons at the Y and is ready to start again. You might also try Dale's Fitness off 87th Street - we took our son there last summer and he really liked the instructor. Parks & Rec is also an option, but most of their pools are outdoor, so they only offer lessons in the summer

I had a really positive experience with Roeland Park aquatic center when my son was that age. It is domed in the winter and warmer than the HS pools. (And the guards have the more specialized training ..not red cross)
For outdoor summer lessons we do the Overland Park lessons (Marty Pool)...
You can find out about Roeland Park lessons in the JoCo Parks and REc guide (print or on-line)

We also had a very good experience with Sylvester J Powell Community Center in Mission. The first year we did it my daughter was about 9 months and the 2nd time 18 months but I know they have classes for all ages. We even moved to Olathe and still made the drive there for lessons.

It depends on your area of town. I know the OP/Olathe area has Optimist Swim Club running classes in June/July, and McCraken's in Olathe does summer swimming lessons. Other than that I don't know of any besides the YMCA.

check out Johnson County Parks and Rec, that is where we took our son last year- they have many levels and times/places- you can pick up their catalog or look on line!

Blue Valley Recreation
6545 W 151st Street
OP KS 66223
###-###-####

http://www.bluevalleyrec.org/

They totally rock! They have swim classes listed for 3-5 year olds. My kids have taken swim lessons from them and we've been very pleased. The lessons are given at Blue Valley North West High School.

I'll put my bid in for the north side of OP! We love Sylvester J Powell community center. Huge fun pool and the classes are taught by SMN students.

1 / 3