Swim Lessons for Baby

Hi- I am wondering if anyone knows of a swim program for babies. My daughter is 7 months old and I want to get her comfortable with being in the water.

Hi-Thanks to everyone for their advice. We signed my daughter up for swim lessons at the YMCA. Thanks again

We've really enjoyed going to the Cambridge YMCA in Central Square. They have parent and infant classes. good luck! M. M

I just started taking a class called MOMSwim at the Arlington Boys & Girls Club with my daughter who is 9 mo old. It is a pilates class for moms mixed with pool time & songs for the babies. We both had a great time.

Check your local city/town websites for public indoor pools. Some of them may offer swim lessons. Also YMCA's often offer swim classes. I took my son to a swim class at Wellbridge Athletic club in Cambridge, Harvard Square. I loved it! Very clean and nice space. Wellbridge has other locations as well. I have also tried the Boston Sports Club in Waltham, which is great! They have a huge gym with very family oriented feel (you can even sign your kid up as a member)and two huge pools. They offer many classes. Good luck!

BU has a wonderful swim program which my now almost 3 year old has been attending since he was about your daughters age.

Not sure where you live! I have taken all 3 of my kids to a program call Pool School. They rent pools at different clubs so one might be in your area. The website is www.poolschool.org I highly recommend them. They start at 6months in Splasin Tots.

Hi -

You can try your local YMCA - they often have swim programs for babies 6mths+. If you are having trouble in your area you could also try priate lessons at any indoor pool (or outdoor pool if it is summer).

Hi K. - When my daughter was 6 months old, we took her to the YMCA. She actually swam under water!

K.,

I am not sure what town you live in, but we started swim lessons with my son when he was 6 months. We went to Hampshire Hills in Milford and it is fantastic. The facilities and instructors are great. It cost $11 per week. We also did a session this winter at the Nashua YMCA. I HATED it. The water was cold, the instructors weren't really enthusiasitc and the facilities aren't as nice.... and is cost $11.75 per week.

The YMCA has wonderful programs. (We were at the Newton Corner facility but other Ys have them as well) Parents are in the pool with baby and it is lots of songs and games. Starts from 6 months and goes up from there.

1 / 3