Swim Diapers-which Kind/brand Work?

Hi Ladies. My daughter is 11 months old on June 1st. The weather is finally warm enough to begin swimming.
I really would like to find a swim diaper that is reusable but I also want what works best so please share your
favorites with me. Disposable or not.
We are leaving for a trip to the desert in 1 week, I need to get shopping now.

Hi J. - I have only used the Huggies swimmers diapers. The thing that I found is that the swimmers diapers only hold poop. Once it gets wet, there is no stopping of urine from getting in the water as it is not designed to keep moisture in the diaper, just solids.

Hope this helps and have fun on your vacation.

hello J. how are you doing you can use huggies or they pampers has some swim diapers on the market good luck ........L.

Target sells a line or reusable swim diapers that we really liked. They look like swim suit bottoms (they sell matching "rash guard" style tops and hats too) but the have a vinyl liner that holds everything in.

Be warned however, it's not absorbent... it just holds it in, so when you pull the diaper down there can be a little splash waiting to come out on you.

Good luck with your search.

Swim diapers (disposable or not) are designed to hold the solid matter not urine (which is sterile) and you most want a snug fit around the legs and waist. We like iPlay- I ordered from www.swimoutlet.com.

We have never had good luck with the disposable swim diapers. They always balloon up with moisture, so we know the water is getting in there and who knows how much leaks out. Our son's old swim school made young kids wear a disposable swim diaper with a reusable swim diaper over it. Sea Otter Swim School in Loomis has the reusable ones; not sure where else you can find them.

I-Play makes swim diapers, rash guards and sun hats. Do a google search.

We bought a reusable swim diaper at the swim school, which was required. The disposable ones don't really work too well.

1 / 3