Swiffer Wet Jet Alternatives

I LOVE the convenience of the Swiffer Wet Jet, but it leaves a film on my floors (wood laminate and tile). Do the other brands leave a film? Please let me know what you've tried and what you think of it. Thanks!

I really like the clorox mop! It works great and I haven't ever noticed any time of film or residue from it!

I use Melaleuca's Tough & Tender cleaner I use a cloth on a dollar store fake swiffer and spray tough & tender on the floor. It works like a charm and I know that it is safe for my family!
H. M.

I have used the wetjet mop with the dry sweeper pads, only I've sprayed on a natural, biodegradable cleaner. It is called Basic H2. One 16 oz bottle makes 48 gallons of all-purpose cleaner. To dilute for mopping floors, it says to put 1 tblsp in one gallon of water, so if you break that down, it would be 3/4 tsp in 4 cups water or 3/8 tsp in 2 cups of water. I like the wet jet "refill" idea of the previous poster. If the product streaks, then you need to add more water to the dilution mixture. I love how my floors not only look clean, but *feel* clean after I use it. You can view the product at: http://www.shaklee.net/recipeforhealth/product/00015

I, too, have quit using the Swiffer fluid, but only because I'm too cheap! : ) I still use the pads but use an external spray bottle to wet my floor.

I have found that if I mix up a spray bottle (I got mine at Wally for $0.97, or use an empty one from around the house) with Pinesol according to the directions my floor is almost as clean as if I acutally mopped it. I've also started using the mixture for an all purpose cleaner!

I also like this because I have more control over where the cleaning solution goes. The Swiffer could get a little wild! : )

UGH!!!! Me too! I didn't know there were other brands, so I look forward to your responses. Also, just wanted to share . . . when the solution ran out in my Swiffer, I cut a hole in the bottom (which is the top when attached) of the bottle, added a mixture of water and bleach, and put a piece of duct tape over the hole. I continue to use the Wet Jet as so, and there is no more film. Yippee!!!

1 / 3