Surprise for My Husband

My husband and I are attempting to get pregnant with our second child. When I told him that I was pregnant with our little girl (now 17 months)--it was a big to-do at the Rangers game. I am looking for any other creative ideas on how other women shared the news of their pregnancy with their spouse/significant other.

I just did a onesie for my 1st saying "I'm going to be a big sister in April 2005". And yes it was a onesie since she was 9 months old when I found out I was expecting again!

With my 2nd child I made my husband play a game where it started with a note on the door for when he came in from work! It said"What do we put in tea besides tea & water?" It was sugar, so he had to go to the sugar container. Then that led him to another question to go to another location. I had 10 different questions that led him to the baby bed that my son slept in and there was the test and a note that said "Roses are red, test lines are pink, look what we did honey, what do ya think!" We both just started crying! It was a great moment that I will never forget! Hope you have fun with what ever you do!!

My best friend gave her husband cigars gift wrapped to announce the coming of their 2nd child, and it happened to be at his birthday lunch! He opened them, and looked at her and said, I don't smoke..then got the significance, and put his head on table and cried! I was so glad I got to share that moment with them!
L. B

I didn't do a big to-do, but last week I found out I was pregnant with our 2nd child. I went to Babies R Us and bought a t-shirt for our son that said Big Brother. I had him wear that, so when my husband got home from work, our son walked up to him with the shirt on. It totally took him by surprise. We also let our son "tell" the rest of the family with the shirt. I think it went really well. I also got the shirt a bit big, so it will fit him when his new brother or sister is born.
Good luck to you!

Great ides from everyone! You could try a Sumo fortune cookie. They are so fun and you get to put your own message inside. I've sent one of those to my husband & he thought it was great. the website is: sumocookies.com.
Have fun trying for the second one!!

OK- before I read the other responses- I was going to say- put a note on your daughters diapers like- "ready for a second set of diapers?????" then I saw the other lady's request and now I like the idea even more!- lol
Good luck and enjoy- it goes by WAY too quick!
Mine are 13 and 17

www.partyangelsus.com
Host Assistants at your Service

I handed my husband a beer with pink & blue ribbons attached to it and a little bitty note giving him congrats on another fine job I did it very calmly and nonchalant :)M.
www.m3vno.myarbonne.com

There is an online company that does personalized disposable diapers. Someone gave us some with our babies name imprinted on them in hot pink. I've since ordered them as a gift for someone else. You could have anything you want printed on them www.awesomediapers.com . They are located in Tomball.

I do personalization in rhinestones (for tees, swimsuits, etc). My cousin is trying to get pregnant and she wants to have Big Sis in rhinestones applied to a swimsuit for her little girl.

I found out I was pregnant a few days before my sons 1st birthday. I had a shirt embroidered with Big Brother for him to wear as his grandparents arrived. I had him wear it the day before for dad. We changed him out of it before the other guest arrived since it was technically too early to talk to everyone about. Good luck.

I know timing is everything for what you can do, but I happened to find out right before Father's Day and it was the same day we were celebrating something else so I took him out to a steakhouse for dinner. He was holding my hands across the table as we were talking and I told him I had an early Father's Day gift for him. He asked me what it was and I told him, "You get to be one!". He was so surprised and he started crying. It was awesome. I have a daughter from a previous relationship and my husband has always been her "daddy" but this time around it was HIS turn to be a dad with his own, which is why we were already celebrating Father's Day. :) I'm sure anything you do will be special!

I've heard of one woman that did a scrapbook page announcing the event and showed her husband.

The other day on America's Funniest Home Videos, someone did a version of The Night Before Christmas changing the wording around to announce their expecting. Maybe you can find it on You Tube.

Good luck and hope it happens when you want it too.

Maybe some kind of treasure hunt with different trinkets or clues would be fun. It could be as big or as small as you want. The last thing could be the pregancy test, a baby rattle, or anything that says "I'm pregnant!"

1 / 3