Sunscreen Stains on Shirts- Help!!!

My son had soccer camp last week and of course I always require sunscreen. He took a bottle of the spray on kind with him to camp and where he sprayed it on his neck, it stained his shirts. Two of them are white with designs on them, and I don't know how to get the stains out! One of them is his favorite soccer shirt! Help! The stains are about two inches wide all the way around the neck of the shirt (way bigger than ring around the collar) and are sort of a yellowish color.There is a little staining on the sleeves too. I have tried applying Tide directly to the stains and soaking them, but they still haven't come out. I haven't put the shirts in the dryer or anything. Any ideas?

I just looked up this problem last week. :) Believe it or not, a bar of Ivory soap.
"Warm water and rubbing Ivory bar soap will get out sunscreen. It works for fabric softner stains too. Wet garmet, rub on Ivory bar soap, work into lather on spot, agitate with hands a little and rinse. Repeat if nessessary, launder as usual."
It worked! Hope it works for you!

Huh...didn't know about the Ivory bar soap trick, I'll have to remember that!

I was going to suggest some Dawn dishwashing detergent. I use that on most of my oil based stains, and spray sunscreen is kind of oily, so it might work. I usually squirt it right on then wet it, rub it in and let it marinate for a while and then wash as usual.

my hubby wears a white tank at the beach and this has happened to us too. I have no idea how to get it out. I tried Oxyclean and super hot water but that didn't help. I have been meaning to just google --sunscreen stain-- and see if there is anything that can be done. but hubby's shirt is replaceable and i just haven't taken the time to google it. if you find something please let me know.

Try Goop - I know it's for hands, but it's petroleum base can get other greasy stains out - and it sounds like that's what you've got.

1 / 3