Sunscreen Out of Carpet

My 2 year old got a hold of her sunscreen bottle and decided to open it and put it all over herself and the carpet. I have tried several different products to get it out and none have worked. If anyone has any advice on what might get sunscreen off of carpet I would greatly appreciate it.

I use natural cleaners for my house in order to not have the chemicals present. A product called Prespot really does wonders. I can tell you how to get it if you want.

You might try vinegar. It seems to clean just about anything.

hmm, I would suggest a Chem-Dry cleaning but I don't know of a good franchise down there. You can get the stain extinguishers from somewhere. In the mean time, don't put any product that has soap in it on the spot. blot up as much as you can with clean towels. Keep laying a clean towel over it and just walking across the towel for the next few days. The friction should be enough to rub the substance off the surface and even squish it out of the fibers.

I would like to recomend useing Windex or Resolve. Thats what my parents always used to use.

Try some denture cleaner.
I have used it on several stains in carpet it worked wonders.

Have you tried olive oil. My mom tells me use that when nothing else works. It got peanut butter and cheese out of my 2 yr olds hair. Its worth a try.

I work with a lady that used to clean carpets and she swears that windex works and gets everything out. But first test it in a closest to make sure that it doesn't change the color of the carpet. I hope that this can help you get it out.
E.

1 / 3