Summer Vacation in the Poconos Anyone?

Hello ladies,
I am looking into having a family vacation and there are a ton of affordable places in the Poconos area. We will have 8 adults and 5 teenagers to please, and are considering a rental on one of the lakes. I was wondering if anyone has been there (or knows anyone who has) that can share some info on their experience there. Specifically, has anyone felt that there were a ton of bugs/mosquitoes that made being outside unpleasant? Do the lakes seem clean for swimming? Some lakes are non power boat only and others allow them. Anyone tried the new casinos or water parks in the area? Any other tips would be greatly appreciated.

I took my daughter (also a toddler)to Wolf Den Lodge 2 years in a row and she loved it. Highly recommended.

We just got back a couple of weeks ago. We stayed at the Split Rock Resort, which has it's own indoor waterpark called H2Oooh! and that was a lot of fun! We also went to an amazing amusement park called Knoebel's. www.knoebels.com, I think. MILLIONS of rides for the little ones - it was great! There's also a zoo called Claws and Paws down there that my kids loved, tho it kind of made me sad (just wasn't enough space for 2 adult lions in that one habitat, to my thinking).

The Crayola Factory is down there, too! http://www.crayola.com/Factory/

Restaurants we enjoyed with the kids: Terra Cottage (for breakfast anytime, and you can sit outside, in covered and uncovered areas), Piggy's, and The Boulder View Tavern, which looks swanky, but was great for the kids.

Have a great time!

I vacationed in the Poconos on my honeymoon as well. I found that the Ceaser's resorts were great! They have 4 in the Poconos area and a ton of indoor and outdoor activiites! I would say it is great for families... there was one resort that was geared more towards families, and the others more towards couples. But,you could go to any resort for the activies. Check it out. We would like to go back with our kids when we have a chance.

Hi
I had my honeymoon in the Poconos and it was good. We mostly did the natural areas. There was this one place call Bushkill Falls that was very nice. I can't give advice on any kid stuff because we didn't have any at the time. Hope you have a good vacation!
-A.

1 / 3