Summer School - South El Monte,CA

Thank you all the mom for your help.

I am looking for either free or low cost summer progarm for my 5 year old son. So he will have something to do during the summer time. Any suggestion.

Once again. Thank you for all the help.

E.

Have you checked with your local library? Everywhere we have ever lived always had a summer program of some kind at the library that included things like craft days, tea parties, dress up days, of course lots of reading, movies, etc.. The cost is always low or free.

If you belong to a church or temple, some offer free/low cost religious camps over the summer. Contact your town's recreation department to see if they offer any camps, which are usually less expensive than pricey private camps. Good luck.

When we moved from Iowa to Texas in 1992, it was at the beginning of summer.... I sent my kids to probably 5 or 6 different vacation Bible School programs at local churches... that gave them something to do every morning for a week at a time, and got them to meet some of the kids they might see in school. At that time, they were free, but many of them have a nominal ($25 or so) fee now, to help cover expenses. We weren't members of any of the churches. One of the churches even invited my oldest to attend their church camp for a week, too.

Have you contacted your local elementary school? Each school tends to have their own summer programs as well as the City Parks and Recreation department. Many Christian churches hold Bible day camps. A little religious/moral teaching mixed in with fun activities.

Check out the local YMCA.

Go on your cities web page and search summer programs

1 / 3