Summer Activities for a 3 Year Old

I have a boy who just turned 3 in January and I'd like to know what sports he's old enough for. If anyone can suggest something specific in the Clarkston area that would be great!

I did a tumbling class with my son at three and he loved it. Swimming is a great summer activity too. Soccer world has classes for 3 year olds (I know there is one on 23/Dequinder-- but there may be one closer to you).

The zoo is always great. They have an excellent play area if nothing else. Take a lunch to a park. THe library has classes for kids. Set up a weekly playgroup with friends.

Independence Township Parks and Rec has some great programs for kids at really reasonable prices. They send out a catalog with the listings every couple of months. I would think we'd be getting the summer one any day now.

Gymboree is a lot of fun. Swim lessons at the Waterford Oaks County Park (wave pool). Take them both out to the Independence Oaks Nature Center. Programs are avaialable at www.oakgov.com/parksrec.

not sure about sports but you have a fantastic splash pad wet playground in Clarkston that has a special toddler time each morning and is free to clarkston residents. Great for cooling off on hot days. Can't remember the name of the park but it's North of I75 and has a listing on the city parks homepage!

Skating is always a lot of fun. Detroit Skating Club offers a great learn to skate TOTS program. I have a son, I enrolled in the program when he was three. Now he is skating on the house hockey team and he is a competive Ice Dancer with a partner! Who would have thought? I remember when he was little it was nice to take a break from the beach once a week and be in a cool rink. Have Fun Sincerely, K. M
###-###-#### (DSC) Square lk road and Franklin.

My son also started playing ice hockey at age 3 and did very well. Explore his interests and let him try different things.

Coach Dave is amazing with that age. He is the owner or Leisure Unlimited. He runs tons of summer sports camps and I know he has some camps for 3 year olds in Clarkston. My 3 kids have been taking weekly classes from him for years - he has also done a birthday party for us. Kids love him. Check out his website.

leisureunlimited.net

1 / 3