Suggestions to Keep My Sofa Cushions from Moving Around

2 months ago my parents got new furniture so we took their old stuff. The items in question are a love seat and sofa that are both recliner furniture. Since it's all recliner, when the cushions move, you can see down thru the metal structure and it's annoying. Plus, the cushions slide easily. I wanted to see if anyone can give me some suggestions or provide a link that will offer a solution to my problem.

My mom put velcro on the bottom of hers, so they are stuck to the base of the couch. but, since it's velcro, she can move them when she needs/wants to.

I just had a thought....what about those things that are kinda rubbery and keep rugs from slipping? I wonder if that would not do the trick.

Perhaps sew a long piece of cotton tape to the cushion and tie it to the frame.

Yes, the rug gripper things. I use them for my futon and they work like a charm.

They have that rubbery, fishnet looking backing that keeps rugs from slipping, you can find it at walmart and other stores like that... just ask about it. I think it would work. Or ask for velcro tape, that would work too.

Our couch came with velcro to help this . . . the downside is you cannot flip the cushion.

Try rubber waffle place mats or afix velcro strips on the cushion and base. You would be able to flip the cushions though.

K. B
mom to 5 including triplets

1 / 3