Suggestions on What to Do for a 6 Year Old's Birthday Party Sleep Over.

My daughter is turning 6 and wants to have a sleep over. I need some suggestions on what I can do to keep them entertained and so they can have fun. Also, any suggestions on Gift Bags would be great.

Suggestion for "goodie bags"...let them decorate a pillowcase. You should be able to find plain white cases pretty reasonable. Paint pens, iron ons, and such...let them be creative....all the girls can "autograph" each others as well. Don't use sharpies though because even though it says permenant, it does permenantly stain whatever is written on, but when washed the colors will fade and/or run.

I did my nieces sleep over last yr when she turned 6 we had so much fun.... I set up the counter/bar like a consession stand made a poster that had all the items for sale and how much...
Popcorn
Pickles
Candy
hotdogs
drinks
etc.
then made them all fake money that they got to use to buy the items...
we had the living room decorated like a movie theater and they watched a movie just before bed

the family room was set up with crafts...
I went to the dollar store and got thoes door hangers and let each kid decorate a door hanger for there room with puff paint and jewels then had the girls bring flip flops and we decorated them with balloons (tie the unfilled balloons all over the thong part of the flip flop)... we also made tshirts with the puff paint then I did face paint on all there faces and we took a group pic and also indivisual pics then made frames with popcycle sticks and jewels (my hubby went to walmart and printed the pics and they went home with a gift for mom!) They all had so much fun with this

For filler games we played
red light green light
Mother May I
simon says

Then we did a scavenger hunt I hid 15-20 items in a room and gave them a list of the items to find we had 30 girls so we spilt the group up did it twice and timed them who ever found the items fastest as a team won...

You can also let them make personal pizzas with english muffins ...

Have fun play play play! ....

Cant wait to hear how it went!

Last year for my Daughters 5th birthday she wanted a slumber party but we decided she was too young. So we did a P.J. Party
from 7-10pm everyone in there p.j.s we had pizza, cake & ice cream we did a small group of girls only 6 and they are all great friends so they just played and enjoyed being together i really did not have to do games. I did find foam photo albums kits that were a slumber party theme. The girls got to decorate them and I took pictures all evening and my husband printed them off and we sent each girl home with there own photo album of the party. Karley's Birthday is coming soon and the girls are asking me what are we going to do this time at Karley's birthday. Sadly we will be out of town this year her birthday falls the day after Thanksgiving. I think the best gift bag is something the girls get to make. There are tons of fun foam crafts out there that are not that expensive and the girls love to make them. Good Luck with your party just remember they are little girls and whatever you decide to do they will have a blast.
A.

All these suggestions making me look forward to my dd's first sleepover. I read in a Family Fun magazine about a talent show...you could videotape them as they arrive then have a "show' of them singing, dancing whatever they want to do either individually or as a group and then get out the popcorn and watch the video that they made. You could gather up some things like feather boas, clunky jewelry, microphones etc. that they could use as props. I think sending a photo home with them is a great idea and they could make picture frames. Hobby Lobby has a really good selection in the children's craft dept that would be really fun for them bracelet bead kits, shrinky dinks, a kit to put beads in their hair. Goody bags are tough but Wal-Mart has glow sticks and light up necklaces that are relatively cheap that would be fun when its time for lights out! Have fun-don't stress, they are old enough to entertain themselves without you killing yourself or your pocketbook!

i JUST GAVE MY DAUGHTER A BIRTHDAY PARTY SLEEPOVER A FEW MONTHS AGO, SHE TURNED 10. WHEN THE PARY FIRST STARTED WE DID A FEW ARTS AND CRAFTS, WE MADE BRACELETS AND ALSO PAINTED DOOR HANGING TAGS WITH THEIR NAMES FOR THERE BED ROOMS, IT WAS FUN. THEN WE PLAYED A FEW GAMES. THEY HAD TO GUESS MY DAUGHTER FAVORITE COLOR, SONG, AND TV SHOW THE GIRL WITH THE MOST CORRECT GOT A PRIZE. THEN WE ATE AND HAD CAKE. THEN LATER THAT NIGHT WE MADE PUNCH AND MADE POPCORN AND WATCHED ALL THE LATEST MOVIES. AROUND 11PM WE FINISHED WACHING THE LAST OF THE MOVIE WITH PIZZA. THEN EVERYONE GOT INTO A LARGE PILE FOR A NIGHT TIME STORY, IT WAS FREALLY FUN, THEN WHEN ALL THE GRILS WENT TO SLEEP THEY HAD 2 UP THEY MADE UP THE OTHER GIRLS FACES WHILE THEY WERE SLEEPING, EVERYONE HAD A GOOD TIME AND SAID THEY CANT WAIT UNTIL MY DAUGHTER HAVE ANOTHER PARTY, BECAUSE IT WAS THE BEST, THAT MADE ME FEEL GOOD AS WELL AS MY DAUGHTER THAT MEANS WE DID A GOOD JOB. WELL GOOD LUCK, HOPE THIS HELPED. ANGIE PS FOR GIFT BAGS I DID A HAIR BRUSH MIRROR NOTE PAD PEN AND A SMALL NAIL POLISH IN A SMALL BLUE JEAN PURSE.

Hi P.,

I was thinking since we are entering the holiday season, you could have the girls do gift bags full of small toys/candies, etc. and the girls could make pictures and/or write messages to other girls (or boys) their age and include them in the gift bags. Then donate the gift bags (or one big gift bag)to your local Salvation Army, local church, military branch, or any community organization that helps families in need. you may have yo provide the crayons, paints/brushes, paper, and gift bags while the girls bring the donated items and most of all, their imaginations:)

Hope this helps/Have Fun!!!

VeronicaD

When I was little, I had a sleepover where my mom helped us girls make ice cream sundaes. I still have the memories and pictures from it. Hope this helps!

How about baking some cookies (or some other kitchen activity)? My kids always loved to do that. Pillow fights are fun (if you have the space and so on). Goody bags could have a nice little book,little girl makeup, gaudy plastic rings (bling bling), etc. I never put candy in these and they little pay things and book were always appreciated. Have fun

1 / 3