Suggestions on Prenatal Vitamins

Anyone have any good prenatals that they swear by? I have tried a few and really can't find the one that is good for me. I tried a natural one first but couldn't keep up on taking it 3x a day. I would forget. I am now trying a liquid prenatal but really can't stand the taste when I'm nauseous.

Suggestions?

Does anyone know if the prenatal gummies work?

When I was pregnant my prenatal upset my stomach, so my doc said I could take Flintstone's vitamins, and just take an extra folic acid pill, so that's what I did for the majority of my pregnancy. I was anemic so I had to take iron pills too, which was a lot of pills to take in one day but I really liked the flintstones vitamins. They taste pretty good! =)

Although I am not preganat yet I hope to start trying in July. My sister n law is a rn and she said I should start taking a prenatal before I get pregnant. I bought some from walmart and have been taking them since December. They have 800mg of folic acid so I think I'm good!

It really doesn't matter. The folic acid is actually needed in about the first four weeks of pregnancy (before you even know you are pregnant!) and has less importance after that.

There is a lot of evidence to support Omega 3 supplements so consider a regular prenatal and an omega 3 or just an omega 3 and a healthy diet. Prenatal vitamins are largely unnecessary anyway, so don't stress.

I used one from Whole Foods that had probiotics and natural food sources for the vitamins and minerals, it was three pills a day that I just took all at the same time. Had a yucky taste but I was nervous about the chemicals and additives in the more mainstream vitamins. Also- supplements from natural sources are absorbed better than the typical vitamin formulas.

These are the ones I took: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.j...

They were the only ones that didn't make me sick. I took it at night and you only have to take 1. I had severe morning sickness.

Yes, I love the prenatals that I'm currently on..I get them at a local herbal store and they are called Nature's Prenatal by Nature's Sunshine.

Hi L.! Ask your doctor if you need prenatals at all! My doctor didn't recommend them because I was so sick and she said they were unnecessary anyway.

I took a liquid folic acid supplement and a fish oil and skipped the pre-natal after I was given the go ahead from my OB.

I personally don't care if a vitamin isn't FDA approved. There are so many medications with harmful side effects that are FDA approved that I don't even take it seriously anymore.

They made me sick if I took them in the morning or any time during the day. So I took them right before I went to bed. I would take the samples from the doc or the ones from Walmart. I would just take 1 a night. I do think they help while you are pregnant and breast feeding.
Good Luck!!

I take the Vitality Prenatal from Melaleuca. They are reinforced with the Oligo Compound, which helps you to absorb more than 10x the normal vitamins. I really like them - they've really helped with my energy level (my son is now 3 weeks, and I'm still taking them and still really like them). www.livetotalwellness.com/joycita I'd love to help you get those vitamins.

I used Wegmans (store brand, pretty generic) prenatal vitamins. They have enough folic acid and I only need one per day. For me, taking more than one pill per day was too much of a pain, and the first prenatal vitamin I was on was a 2-pill dose and I didn't realize it, but at the time I was also taking extra folic acid, so my doctor wasn't too worried. I hated the prescription ones I had--they were like horse pills and I had to take two. If you are nauseated, try taking them before bed if you do not already. I never tried liquid or gummies.

I take Stuart Prenatal - available at Walgreens & CVS. It was what my OB recommended.

1 / 3