Suggestions for Nearby Family Vacation Spots.

We are looking for a place to take a nice, relaxing family vacation this summer. Something within driving distance, preferably under 5 hours. On or near a lake would be great and plenty of things in the area to do.... shops, restaurants, kid stuff. Any areas to look at or even specific resorts, cottages, etc. would be appreciated.

Lake Geneva is nice. Timber Ridge Resort has awesome suites and we are getting ours for 149/night. It includes admission to there indoor/outdoor waterpark.

There is also another all suite hotel in Lake Geneva, I think it is called The Cove, the rooms are nice and large they have a good pool/play area for the kids and walking distance to the public beach.

Wisconsin Dells!!! Not sure how old your girls are but my son who was almost 2 last summer loved it. We mainly stayed at the resort because they are really cool indoor pool. It had a kid area perfect for his age. If your kids are older they would have a blast anywhere in the Dells. The actual Dells are is not really for kids my sons age. We are actually planning on going back to the same resort this year. He will be almost 3 and should be able to do other things in the Dells. The resort we stayed at is Christmas Mountain Village but if your kids are older there are plenty of resorts/hotels with bigger water attractions.

You might want to try Indiana Beach-it is a amusement park in Monticello, Indiana -it is about a 2 hour drive from the city. It is located on Lake Shafer-I was raised in Monticello. It is a family friendly amusement park with a kiddie land and a nice water park also. The phone number is ###-###-####. ( I only know the phone number because I grew up listening to the commercials!)

I've been to Wisconsin Dells 2X within the past year. It can be expensive during the summer months, but during the fall/winter it is much more reasonalbe. We stayed at the WIlderness and it was wonderful. My kids are 3 & 5 and we just came back in February and they are still asking when we are going back.

Check out Winona Lake in Indiana - about a three hour drive. Great little shops and nice small town atmosphere. Perfect for families! Here is a link: http://www.villageatwinona.com/

We usually go up to New BUffalo Michigan or Sisters Lake, Michigan..You can rent houses up there on the lakes all the time and then rent Jet Skis and boats from the marinas..

Check out Blue Harbor Resort in Sheybogan, WI.....about a 2 hour drive and it is TONS of fun, we rented a condo right on Lake Michigan. It was wonderful, we plan on making it a yearly http://www.blueharborresort.com/default.aspx

1 / 3