Suggestions for Lunch for Pre-k

Hi Ladies.
Do any of you have lunch suggestions for my 4 1/2yo pre-k boy? He goes to pre-k all morning then he stays until 3:30 for "Adventure Club" time. He doesn't like pb&j. I don't like the Lunchables due to all the preservatives. I want to send in home cooked chicken but he doesn't like spices and it's too bland for him just plain. I stay away from lunch meat due to the preservatives. I would love to do all organic if possible. Thanks!!

I also use a small thermos and send all types of leftover pasta dishes, mac&cheese with meat mixed in, left over stir fry, soups (minestrone, lentil, chicken noodle, pureed soups with uncured chicken sausage slices and frozen vegetables cooked in it), always an organic yogurt cup, apple or pear slices, berries, grapes, or a banana. If I'm not using the thermos, he likes tuna, canned salmon or chicken salad sandwiches, turkey and cheese sandwiches, Sunflower butter and jelly, or crackers and baby carrots with hummus for dipping.

Yogurt, fruit, vegetables, crackers, cold mac and cheese, applesauce, hope this helps.

crackers, cubed cheese, grapes, banana, raisins, probably no nuts because of food allergies, yogurt...

My kids love cheese quesidillas, but I make them super simple. Take a tortilla, spread shredded cheese on it, fold it over, melt it in the microwave or toaster over. When its finished I take a pizza cutter and make strips or use cookie cutters to make fun shapes.

I bought my son (who is now 4-1/2) a thermos from Target (foogo or the small standard metal ones) and boiled organic vegetable pasta in chicken broth. Another favorite (preferrable) is mac and cheese.
To keep the thermos food hot longer, boil a cup of water and pour into thermos. Close the lid for about 5 minutes max and that will heat up the inner "walls" of the thermos. Then when your pasta is done cooking, pour out the water from the thermos and spoon the pasta into the thermos. This helps to keep the food warm longer. My son doesn't eat lunch meat, so I had to get REALLY creative and understand your dilemma.
I hope this helps you.

My little one doesn't like pb&j. But she will have jelly sandwich, tuna in a container. Sometimes I give her baby bagels w/ cream cheese.

I have the same problem with our son. I've started whipping up drinkable yogurts, using plain/vanilla yogurt and 100% juice to thin it out. I also send veggies with homemade hummus, crackers and cheese, and salsa and chips (we brown ground turkey and add it to our homemade salsa). Hopefully some of these appeals to him.
Also, you said he doesn't like spiced chicken but plain is too bland. Is it too bland to him? or you? You could send some sort of sauce for dipping, like BBQ or something you find that he likes...just a suggestion.

A.

1 / 3