Suggestions for Location for Outdoor Bridal Shower

I am hoping you can help me...I am looking for a location where I can host an outdoor bridal shower in the western suburbs. My ideal location would be in a wooded glen or garden type environment. I want to keep it rather casual and will be having 40-50 guests. The showere date is Saturday, June 7 2008.

Try contacting the Cook County Forest Preserve people to see what you need-permits, etc. I would also STRONGLY recommend an indoor "Plan B" location-you don't actually think the weather will cooperate, do you? Best wishes to the happy couple!

Hi B.:
I have a few suggestions: There is a garden like room at the Webber Grill on 22nd street in Oak Brook; there is a beautiful room at the McDonald Lodge in Oak Brook - it's in the round and has a gorgeous view of woods and flowers, etc.;
The room at McDonalds can be portioned off to make it as intimate or large as you like. I highly recommend this room for what you are talking about. We had a baby shower there a few years ago and the food was great. We also had a bridal shower at the Webber Grill and the food was fantastic as was the room. Good luck. J. B.

What about one of the Botannical Gardens

V.

How about the Morton Arboretum in Lisle - www.mortonarb.org.

You might also check golf courses/country clubs in the area and see what they might have to offer.

Check out the Botanic Gardens in Batavia, Cantigny in Wheaton and Danata in Wheaton. I stood up in an outdoor wedding at the Botanic Gardens...specifically in the Japanese Tea Garden. It was lovely. However, at that time of year, I recommend have a covered area or back-up plan. I've dealt with weather issues (both rain and burning sun) for my daughter's birthday party at that time.

Try Wilder Park in Elmhurst. Contact the Elmhurst Park District for more information. I've never been there for an event.. but its supposed to be very pretty.

http://epd.org/weddings.asp

It says available for weddings but you could call and find out if they will let you use it for a shower.

-A..

Cantigny is so beautiful and I know you can host a Tea at the gardens. There is a difference between the golf course and the gardens, I would check out the gardens. Also, the Boat House in Glen Ellyn is nice. It would be a little more casual and you would have to do all of the decorations and food. You basically rent out the building and do whatever you want. There is a deck off the back that overlooks Lake Ellyn. You can contact the Glen Ellyn Park District about that. We had our rehearsal dinner there. Depending on how far West you want to go, Oscar Swan in Geneva is great too. They do a lot of events outside. Sounds like fun, good luck.

The Elmhurst Park District has an outdoor garden and gazebo; they typically host weddings and other events. The newcomers club has held out door meetings as well as the Chamber. You can call the Park District directly. However, I was told that a woman named Megan is in charge of booking events and can tell you what dates are available. Her direct number is ###-###-####. Good luck! C. Bajkowski

Hi B. -

I know a great location, but I don't know if it's where you want to be geographically. It's the Grove, part of the Glenview Park District. They have a great place there called the Redfield Center that is a mini-mansion that would be perfect for your activity. They could set up indoors or outdoors (or both). I have used the space, and it's wonderful! Here is the link: http://www.glenviewparkdistrict.org/fa-grove-redfield.htm.

There is a beautiful place in Lemont that has gorgeous gardens and great food. It's called Montefiori. Check it out online.

1 / 3