13 yo Boy's Birthday Party Idea - Suggestions for a 13 year old boy birthday - Rapid City, SD

I am looking for ideas to help celebrate my soon to be 13 year old boys birthday. I would like it to be a special one, breaking into his teenage years! We have always had fun birthday parties, but he thinks he is too old to have a traditional bithday party. I suppose he is but I would still like to celebrate it somehow.

Well you can play Lazer Tag, or have a paint ball party, I had a tye dye party, where they bring their own shirt, and you supply the pain. Roller skating is still a big thing for my 13 yr old

I think he is old enough to give input if not plan the party himself. It's his birthday, I would let him decide and just be there to help facilitate.

Well, im 11 and I was wondering what to do for my 12 b-day! its may 16 and right now its like may 11! So, what i was thinking about doing.... Laser Tag! Go to a good gym with a rockwall and play soccer or wiffle ball.(thats what my friend did) go to pump it up, go to bumper nets, go to a waterpark or something, or an arcade. And definetly ask him what he wants do to and if he say he does not no, give him suggestions. Or u could plan a surprise party by....Tell him u have to pick up his friend and bring him to _____ (insert place like bowling arena or something) pick up 1 of his close friends and bring him there, then walk him in side and your son will find all his friends waiting for him there!

P.S. dont tell him he is going to _____. tell him your not doing it your just dropping off.

Maybe you could treat him and a few friends to a fun outing, like bowling, swimming, or a movie. I don't know anyone too old to enjoy those things. =)

When we were growing up, my parents rented a limo for each of us on our 13th birthday. We loved it! We got to invite about four or five friends and ride around town and goof off. I think we did drive-thru for dinner (because as a teenager that is fun/funny in a limo); but ordering pizza or something would be easy too. The tradition started with my older brother and he and his friends had lots of fun, so much so that each of us younger siblings looked forward to our 13th birthday so we could do it too! It was a great way to celebrate and really made that birthday special.

Indoor go-carts might be fun.

ask him what he wants to do! the best thing you can do for your son is communicate, honor his wishes. maybe he wants to go bowling. maybe he wants to go to eat at a pizza place. maybe he wants to go to a movie. maybe he wants to do nothing LOL.
just ask your son what he wants to do. if he doesnt know, ask him if it were ok if you did _____ and add your suggestions.
:D

Try lazar tag. Most boys love this and there are several places in Omaha.

We took our kids to the aquarium in MOA with two of my son's friends and our daughter and her friend for his 13th birthday. It was an expensive trip for us as we live in Northern MN. We spent the day and did the rides, ate at the food court. We have a DVD player in our mini-van so there were movies on the drive down and drive back.
Now that I recount the day, I think a whole day doing fun things that are not everyday is an awesome idea!

I like the idea you got for letting your son plan/help plan. I think it would make him feel grown up to be able to help. That said, I think most teenage boys would say,"I dunno" when asked "what do you want to do for your birthday." So maybe have several choices for him to choose from.. That way you can have fun coming up with maybe several 'themes'/ ideas and he can be grown up by choosing what he wants him and his friends to do!

1 / 3