Suggested Treatment for Wart on 3 Year Olds Finger

My son is getting a pretty big wart on the back of his middle finger. I am wondering if it is something I should get checked out and treated or if it is best left alone.

I'm going to try the banana peel and water proof bandaids/duct tape first, then see the Dr.
thanks for your input!

My daughter had some warts on her fingers and my husband(he's a ER doctor) suggested covering them with waterproof bandaids to deprive them of air. Keep the wart covered until it goes away. This worked, but did leave the skin around the wart looking kind of red, but that did go away with time.
Hope that helps.

Clear fingernail polish to cut off the oxygen (or any color :) worked well when I was a child. Apply regularly. Or the freeze it off method.

If he is not old enough to keep his hands out of his mouth I would not use wart remover!

Well of course you need to see a doctor. Recommend a dermatologist, who will burn it off with dry ice. May take 2-3 sessions. It's not a big deal, but you should have it removed.

It won't get better on it's own and will probably spread.

If he leaves bandaids on, you can try a slice of fresh garlic in a bandaid, it is a natural anti-viral (warts are virus's). It will make a blister eventually and the wart will die.

The dry ice is painful- it burns. It does work and is an option if he won't leave a bandaid on. You can try the over the counter stuff- I didn't have any luck with it.

I am so glad I read this! This will sound kinda silly but works better and more naturally than anything else!
Rub the inside of a banana peel on the wart every day! My son did it himself anytime he ate a banana, it just takes a moment...his wart was getting quite large and was on the inside of his palm - it was gone in one week. I know because it was bothering him during his Sunday Tennis lesson and the following Sunday it was gone, just sloughed right off. It has been 7 months and still no sign of it returning - you cannot even see where it was either!
Easy, natural and very effective~! Give it a try, you will be glad you did :)

First my daughter (at age 3) had warts - clear bubble like ones. The doctor said they would go away in about one year. Because she didn't pick at them, the doctor recommended against freezing them off. With these kinds of warts, the body develops a natural immunity. The warts might return or resurface elsewhere until there is an immunity. They did go away 12 - 18 months later. Two left tiny scars that I think will go away after this summer.

Now my son has them. A couple on his hand and a dozen or so on his torso. Again, he doesn't pay any attention to them and no child has said anything to him about it. We don't call them warts - just bumps. They should begin disappearing soon.

Dear K.,
This might sound crazy, but it has worked for my son. And my brother in law.
Wrap a small piece of duct tape around your child's finger at the wart site. There is something in the adhesive that that the wart doesn't like, not to mention having it's air supply stifled. It's basically the same thing as keeping a bandaid on, but it really does work.
The other alternative is having it frozen at the doctor's office or putting compound W on it. But, that stuff stings and I wouldn't want my kid chewing on it.
Seriously, try the duct tape.

Please treat it!!! If left untreated, it'll likely spread to other fingers or even other areas of his body that come into contact with it. I used the wart pads (kind of like bandaids), and all 3 of mine were gone within a week and haven't come back! Took me forever and a day to finally figure out what they were, but I got rid of them as soon as I knew!

you need to get it taken care of, it is a virus the doctor will freeze it off it may take a couple times. I would make and appt.

This may sound sort of weird but I promise that it works, and he might find it kind of cool. Put duct tape over it. It basically starves it for oxygen. It takes a couple of weeks but it won't come back. I had tried everything I even had one surgically removed but this was the most effective way I found!

I have warts in three seperate areas of my left hand. Please treat, because they will spread. Having said that, please don't have them frozen/burned off. Not only is it painful, I have scars that will not go away, they look like cigarette burns - AND - the warts came back, bigger and badder! I have tried a few different things since having them burned. I used the compound W bandaids religously for about three months (cheapest at walmart), helped tremendously. I changed it every few days. The other, more natural alternative is a raw garlic slice or Kaolic Garlic and Grapefuit oil. Check your local health food store.

I have a little knowledge about this. We saw a foot doc yesterday about my 6yr old daughter's plantar wart. Much harder to treat because foot skin is much thicker. I asked him about my 5yr old daughter's wart on the web between her thumb and index finger. He said: Compound W. Hand skin is thinner and easier to treat. The problems with warts is that they are microscopic viruses. They can spred or branch out. If they are left, they can grow deeper and be much harder to treat. Good luck!

I used to bite my warts off...

I recently took my daughter to her pediatrician regarding a wart on her hand. According to the doctor warts will often go away on their own. We decided to wait on freezing the wart and opted for Compound W OTC. That didn't work and made it really crusty. Then the wart started to break and bleed and it would catch on things and it became imperative that we remove it. We went to the pediatrician and she froze it off. It was painful for my daughter especially since it was now an open sore. It healed nicely, though. I don't think it's urgent to address a wart as long it is not causing a problem. BTW, I was resistant to freezing the wart off initially because I had had warts frozen off and felt it would be too painful for my daughter. Also the wart didn't bother my daughter at all - in fact she liked it because it was part of her body. She didn't see it as an imperfection. Good-luck.

My 4 year old son had a wart on his toe last year. His pediatician froze if off in just one visit. It was a bit uncomfortable for my son, but he hung in there during the procedure. The wart turns into a blood blister and then heals itself. The wart is now gone! Good luck!

Try using wart remover liquid for a week and if that doesn't work try to freeze the wart off using Dr. Scholls treatment which can be purchased at any pharmacy over-the-counter. It doesn't hurt, just tingles. I used it on both my kids ages 4 and 5 and the warts were gone after a couple of weeks. Good luck.

When my son was 2 he had a wart on his middle finger as well. I used one of those OTC bandaids with wart treatment on it. It took a few months, but it worked. It hasn't came back since.

Hope that helps.

The duct tape works.

My daughter had a plantar wart on the bottom of her foot. We tried all of the OTC as well as homeopathic treatments and unfortunately, none were effective. She suffered for to two years until we finally were referred to a dermatologist. It took four visits, every other week until it fell off.

You'll never believe what my pediatrician recently recommended for a wart on my daughter's foot: duct tape. She said to cut a piece of duct tape big enough to cover the wart and leave it in for four days. Then take it off and put on a new one. Do this for as long as you can. She explained that the wart is a virus, and the duct tape irritates the skin enough to send a message to the body to attack the virus. We did it, but the duct tape kept falling off, so we were not that consistent, but it does appear to be finally working.
Apparently, duct tape has a million uses!

The duct tape totally works! My son got a wart on his index finger last summer, and I was planning on taking him to have it frozen off. Not only is that expensive, it's painful too, so I asked my dad for advice. He said that there are three "s" words you need to remember with warts: Soak, Scrape, Smother. Soak the finger, wait until the wart is white and soft. Scrape off the dead part, and then Smother it with duct tape. Leave the tape on as long as you can, and then repeat the process. It totally works. If you can't do the soaking and scraping, the duct tape alone will do the trick, it just may take a little longer. The wart virus will die if it can't "breathe". Good luck!!!

Warts are very common and can spread. I would take him to the Dr and see if he will freeze it off. It may take a couple of visits. but will save him the embaressment and keep it form spreading. I don't think the over counter stuff works that well. good luck