Sugar Land Play Groups for 1 Year Olds and Gymboree vs Little Gym

I'm looking for playgroups for my one year old daughter. We live in the Sugar Land area, around Greatwood. Also, has anyone had experiences with Gymboree or Little Gym classes. I know they are very similar, but I was just wanting to know what kind of experiences everyone else has had with them.

I also wanted to ask people in the Sugar Land area if anyone has been to a store called Latte Tots in Missouri City. I hear moms can go and have lattes while their kids played.....what a great setting for moms and their friends!! Haven't been there yet, but plan to visit soon.

Thanks so much in advance for any information.

The Little Gym is more about Gymnastics and tumbling but they also dance and play. Gymboree seems to work more with developmental skills such as going IN things or OVER things and is also very entertaining for them with dancing and bubbles and they were not as strict about the kids staying with the group if they wanted to stay back a little. They are very similar - I think Gymboree had a more laid back appeal.

I am a Mama of 2 little ones and over the summer started my own program called Spudlings. It is offered through the City of Sugar Land Parks and Rec. as a leisure course. Check out our website. We have a great time in the class

www.spudlings.com

My daugther and I have been enrolled to gymboree for almost a year, and she really loves it!, is not just a gym class, you can also have music and art classes, they also have PJ parties once a month, so you can leave your kid for two hours and you can have a nice dinner with friends or/and your husband, and if you miss a class you can always do a make-up. we love it! they learn a lot. Good luck!

I just moved to this area so please note that I am not commenting on the specific location, but I have done gymboree and little gym as well as many other programs with by kids and I really like gymboree for younger kids (1 and 2 yr olds) and little gym for older preschoolers. I think gymboree is very fun and a little more free form, although they are very organized there is just a little bit more laid back environment. However, as they got a little bit older I thought Little gym did more to emphasize important skills like waiting your turn and participating when the teacher asks you to, at the same time as keeping it fun. Whatever you do, just make sure that if you don't think the teacher is doing a good job, change classes, a lot of the experience depends on the teacher and it's not worth the money for a teacher who isn't into the class. We had one at Gymboree who was really nice, but I realized after a while that she knew several of the Moms in the class and she was happy to stand around talking with them for about 1/3 of the class time. We changed classes because of scheduling conflicts and I couldn't believe how different the class was. The teacher was dynamic and fun and the whole tone changed, and my son who was getting kind of bored with it, suddenly couldn't wait to go.

I haven't been to the Sugar Land locations, but my son is almost six now, and we've tried lots of the gyms from The Woodlands to the west side. Gymboree was probably my favorite, followed by My Gym. J. W. Tumbles was good too, and the Little Gym was okay. Good luck with the playgroups, they are the best! (I'd like to try the latte place as well.)

We love Little Gym! My daughter is 3 and is taking 2 classes right now - gymnastics and dance/gymnastics combo. My older daughter took gymnastics there 2nd through 5th grade. The teachers are high quality and really care about the children. It is a non-competitive gym. My kids have grown in physical and social skills being at Little Gym. Plus, lots of self-confidence.

Latte Tots is a children's boutique with a play area and tables to sit and sip coffee. It is a fun concept and my little one always wants to go play there. However, I do feel I should buy something from the boutique while I'm there, although the owner doesn't make you feel that way at all. She's really sweet.

We have had our children at the Little Gym in Sugar Land for something like a year now. We love it! Both my two year old daughter and my six year old son have participated and enjoyed it. I highly recommend it, although you should be warned that the Saturday classes are usually packed. We do a weekday (evening) class, and it is a nice, small size. The class we used to do in the mornings was also small and quite nice.

I tried the Gymboree trial class when my now 8 month old daughter was 6 months old and liked it very much. I plan to sign her up once swim lessons are over. Another fun activity to do with your little one is take her to the free library programs. We go on Tuesdays at 11 a.m. to the First Colony Library for Mother Goose Time. There is a Toddler program as well. The program consists of songs, stories, bubbles, etc., and afterwards they bring out toys and books for play time. Hopefully I will see you there!

1 / 3