Sudden Warm Feeling in Leg

In the last few weeks I keep noticing a sudden warm feeling in my right shin. I don't remember noticing it in my left leg, just the right one. A small area of my shin will suddenly feel warmer, but only for just a second, or maybe even just half a second.

I tried to google a little bit, and did read that it could be related to poor blood circulation. I work at computers at desks pretty much all day long (8 hours at regular job, then playing & freelance work from home computer), so I don't get much exercise.

I'm 25 years old and have an almost 4 year old daughter. Has anyone else had this? Does it just mean I need to pull out the Wii Fit Plus again?? haha

Thanks for any suggestions!

i had this on the back of my left leg and drs and more later after an mri i have a slightly pinched nerve in my back, i was worried about all kids of things becuase the internet kept telling me MS. did you fall recently? if so that could have caused a problem or if you are over weight (like me) then that will also make it worse. hope this helps

Honestly, I'd go to the Dr. That can be a sign of a blood clot in the leg and not something to take lightly. Make an appt and good luck!
Here are the symptoms I got off of webmd:
Leg Blood Clot Symptoms
Symptoms occur in the affected leg when a clot obstructs blood flow and causes inflammation. Symptoms may include the following:

Swelling

Gradual onset of pain

Redness

Warm to touch

Worsening leg pain when bending the foot

Leg cramps, especially at night

Bluish or whitish discoloration of skin

Almost 30-50% of individuals have no complaints.

Having a warm sensation in areas such as your hands knees etc. could be and early sign of arthritis

Are you on birth control? You may want see our doctor to rule out a blood clot. I sound like an alarmist, but heat or pain in your lower leg MIGHT be dangerous.
That said, I had the same symptoms a few months back and my doctor knew immediately from the location and my description that I had just injured a ligament slightly. (Not enough to really hurt, but enough to feel warm and slightly bruised) I had been exercising on and off, and he was pretty confident after I saw him in person. So, it was a relief, and definitely not the type of thing to take lightly!!

Take care,

My mom was diagnosed with Paget's Disease, with the only symptom she had at that time, her shin felt hot. It is a bone disease that can cause bone deformities and can be treated with medications to control it but not cure it. It is one of many reason's you might feel warmth in your leg. Please see your physician soon.

Hi all, is good to have a full lower back xray. My brother in law having this problem. Both legs feeling warm after some walk. Diagnose back nerve and disc problem. Now going for therapy. If cant recover may need to operate. Hope this is helpful to u all.

You should see a doctor about this. A "warm feeling" can sometimes be a symptom of a blood clot.

It could be nothing; however, it has been my experience that it is always best to see your doctor so that he or she can rule out that it is nothing. I am 57 years old and have worked in the medical administrative field for over 32 years. If you have health coverage such as Blue cross you can contact the nurse on the nurse line and often get very good advice. After all nurses help to hold the doctors up!

1 / 3