Successful Pregnancy After Many Miscarriages?

I have a healthy 2 1/2 year old. We have been trying for another baby with no success. We have suffered 4 miscarriages in 2009. Has anyone ever had a successful pregnancy after such loss?

My sister has. She had her oldest son in '95 and tried for a second child...it took her 4 years and 7 miscarriages....hope this helps.

I feel for you.

Both my grandmothers had multiple miscarriages between children. Maternal GM had 8 in a row and Fraternal had 10 in a row before having my mom and dad. Dad was the 3rd of 5 kids and mom was the last of 3.

An friend of mine some years back, had 11 miscarriages after her first born and then had more children (4 or 5). But it is a loss and a heartbreak with each one.

Yes, but not without difficulties. After two miscarriages, I had one successful pregancy that was followed by several (7) more miscarriages and the death of one child born 3 months prematurely. I eventually found out after those many nerve-wretching miscarriages that I had an undiagnosed blood-clotting disorder that was the cause of my miscarriages.

After being diagnosed, I needed highly specialized medical attention prior to conception, heparin before and during pregnancy, and 6 months bedrest for my second sucessful, full-term pregancy.

I was told I was lucky to have two, as the likelihood of conceiving with my disorder is slim...and the chances of serious complications and death for any children conceived and myself, high.

I recommend going to a ob/gyn that specializes in high risk pregancies and have an extensive round of blood tests done to see if there is an undiagnosed reason behind the miscarriages.

My girlfriend had 2 children then a bunch of miscarriages - I don't think she even told me about all of them. She finally got pregnant again and has 3 healthy boys. In all I think she's been pregnant at least 11 times. So keep trying and hang in there!!! My miscarriage was from low progesterone so the next time I got pregnant I went on it right away and had a health baby! Good luck!

I am going to second 2 points from other posters. My husband is an acupuncturist who has had a lot of success helping women get pregnant after numerous m/c. A good acupuncturist will balance your body for many months before giving the ok to try. Also, I have a blood clotting disorder that caused my miscarriages. Once we knew I had it, steps were taken to protect any pregnancy that I had. Many OBs don't know to check for different clotting potentials. Some are worse than others, so ask to be tested.

Good luck and I am sorry for your lose.

N.

I am so sorry for your losses. I know how challenging it is. I had 7 losses between my first and second. Acupuncture is what finally helped me. I went through all the fertility testing and western medicine could find nothing wrong. I have no idea why the acupuncture worked. I did take a break TTC for the first 4 months of acupuncture to give my body a chance to rejuvenate. Then the 5th month of acupuncture treatment I got pregnant, and now have an amazing, beautiful little boy.

Do not give up hope! If in your heart believes you are meant to have a second, it will happen!

A close friend has 2 children, but it took some 9 miscarriages (before the eldest, and between them). Her Mom and sister share this tendency, so they kept trying, with Chlomid and careful monitoring.
If you have the heart, do find an OBgyn who's willing to work with you and try all avenues as suggested by other folk below.

But don't let it rule your life. . . . weigh what your heart and your husband and your marriage can bear.

I was only ever able to get pregnant once, and miscarried. When we were able to move beyond trying to get pregnant, we became an adoptive family. ~~ the gift in our 'bad luck' was to parent a child already in the world. . . . We are as much parents as ever I could have imagined five years later!

best of luck working through your decision process.

Yes yes yes. My friend had several miscarriages. She is now 33 weeks pregnant and doing wonderfully! I would advise though to take at least 6 months off of trying to give your body time to heal. You been through a lot not just emotionally but physically as well.

My mom had three girls and them several miscarriages before have a fourth daughter. Doctors were unable to help her until one suggested that she had an acid/alkaline imbalance. She got pregnant shortly after fixing the imbalance.

1 / 3