Successful Birth After 3 Miscarriages

Hello, I have had 3 miscarriages in a row. One at 14 weeks, at 3 weeks, and at 6 weeks. I am pregnant again and have made it to 8 weeks. I have low progesterone and have been on prometrium 2 x's a day. I have a 2 yr. old healthy baby girl, that I had no problems with pregnancy. I need some support. I am at a breaking point if I miscarry again. I need some happy stories of anyone in the same situation. Please no negative stories. Thanks L.

I had 7 miscarriages and now have a BEAUTIFUL ADOPTED boy. There are many kids who need homes! It's the most rewarding and wonderful miracles I have ever done. Being a "mom" has nothing to do with giving birth. An insect can do that!

I had 2 miscarriages(the second, I was taking progesterone). With my 3rd pregnancy I took progesterone until 12 weeks. I bled (not spotted) off and on and was told I was probably miscarrying several times. I had to give myself shots to keep my blood from clotting. I had the most amazing and wonderful delivery. Now I have an absolutely incredible miracle child! Hang in there; it is so heartbreaking, but the LORD is able to carry you through this! Proverbs 3:5-6

I had a three miscarriages in a row right before I had my nine year old and they were one after another and then had her.. and nine years later I have a ten month old.. Good Luck It will work out for you I know I have been there.. I hope everything goes well for you please keep me updated

I miscarried before my DD was born in 06 and then this year when I got pregnant, at 6 weeks I started bleeding again. Pretty much sure it was another miscarriage, when I rushed in for the sono, my midwife found a heartbeat, yippee. After 3 weeks of bedrest everything was cleared up from having a sub-chorionic hemorrhage and we are now at 17 weeks, yippee. I know its not the same, but I have faith that this pregnancy will make it to term for you. Don't forget that stress and caffeine can lower your progesterone levels and thats the last thing you need right now so stay away. I use Bach's Rescue Remedy from the health food store to help with my stress, it is a combination of plant extracts with calming tendencies. I have used it during both pregnancies and have many people I know using it. If you want more info on it, just let me know. You will be in my prayers for a safe and healthy full-term delivery.

L., I myself have 3 children. My first will be 8 in a few weeks and I had no problem getting pregnant or with the pregnancy or delivery.However, I did have 3 misscarriages myself, at 14 weeks, 8weeks and 4-5 weeks before getting pregnant with my 2nd child. I too had low hormone levels and had to take meds 3 times a day for the first 13 weeks.I now have a beautiful 3 yr. old and a healthy gourgeous 1 year old.I know it can be horrible to sit and wait,but have faith and take it easy. Miracles do happen. Please keep me posted on how you are doing and I will be praying for you and your family.Hope you have a blessed day. K.

L.,

I was just curious about the reason of why you have had so many miscarriages. Have you had any diagnostic testing to find out what is going on? The reason I ask is because I have a septate uterus (which is operable) and septate uterus can be the cause of repeated miscarriages. You can find out if you have this by MRI, Hysterosalpinogram, 3D ultrasound (although this method is not as acurate) or the best way which is really an exploratory surgery (minor) Hysteroscopy/laparoscopy. You should ask your doctor about this.
I haven't had surgery because my uterus is not completely divided, and so I am able to carry pregnancies to term (I have had one loss and two beaurtiful children, one of which was born just three weeks ago).

A. H.

I also had 3 miscarriages before i was able to carry my wonderful baby boy full term. I went to a midwife an i think they have some really good ideas to help keep babies. I know they would love to talk with you about this.Look up cleburne birth center on mama source or edenway birth center here on mama source and you should find there number

Hi L., I just wanted to share my story with you. I have had 3 children, and one miscarriage. I had my first child in 2000. In 2004 we decided to try to have another child. I had a miscarriage at 10 weeks. I had to have a D+C done on 3/4/05. When I had the miscarriage I was not sure I wanted to try again...I was scared and hurt. Time passed, and we decided to try again. I became pregnant again soon after. My doctor put me on progesterone cream. It was a cream that you insert vaginally. She also gave me a shot in the office. I gave birth to a beautiful baby girl 6/14/2006. Almost a year to the day after having her I found out I was pregnant again. We were not even trying!! I was still breastfeeding Victoria. I am so greatfull, and I feel trully blessed! God is full of love and surprises!
I just want to say I will pray for you and your baby, and I hope you do, too. He hears us, and He loves you! Also talk with your doctor about your fears, and if there is something chemically going on, do something about it. The medication my doctor prescribed was compounded at a special pharmacy, sorry I cannot remember the name, but I can try to find it if you would like...just shoot me an email and I will look it up. Good Luck to you!

Hi L.!
You have had some great replies and advice.
I have a healthy beautiful little boy who is 4 years old and had no problem with the pregnancy. My husband and i tried for 13 years to have children so he is quite a blessing not to mention a surprise! However since I have had 4 bad miscarriages..I was referred to a high risk specialist who did a blood test that showed I have a blood clotting disorder.
My advice would be to have your progesterone levels monitored thru blood test and ask to have a test for a blood clotting disorder also. That has become a fairly new finding and very common in many pregnant woman unfortunately.
I am currently 36 weeks pregnant getting ready to deliver our second little blessing, once I found out I had the blood clotting disorder diagnosis I have given myself an injection daily of Lovenox. So far all is good.

I am so sorry for your losses but there is hope!
I wish you best wishes and prayers of faith!
~ Kim

L.,

I am so sorry for your losses. Thank God for your lovely daughter, and please know that you have three babies in Heaven who love you and will be waiting for you to join them someday. I have lost two babies myself, and the thought of them happy and at peace makes me anxious to join them when the time comes (hopefully not until many, many, many years from now, though!).

I wanted to second two things I read in the earlier responses:

1) MEND is a fantastic group and you would be most welcome anytime you feel up to joining. It's nice to be around people who GET it, who share your pain, and who love and value your babies as you do (instead of feeling that they are just, well, blood and tissue). I did not personally make it to this year's Walk to Remember, but I heard from a fellow MEND mom that it was beautiful and moving. It's always nice to celebrate our lost babies, since the rest of the world is usually ready for us to "move on" and quit talking about them.

2) Please do get tested for blood clotting disorders. They aren't necessarily something you are born with, so you may well have developed problems even in the short time since you had your beautiful little girl. Antiphospholipid syndrome, including anticardiolipin antibodies (whatever that means--I just know the words, not what they actually mean!), and antithyroid syndrome are problems I had, and the daily injections of blood thinners, baby aspirin, and little-bitty thyroid pills helped me to have my amazing little girl. If the test results come back showing any of these issues, you still have time at 8 weeks to begin the shots, aspirin, etc. for the rest of your pregnancy. It's encouraging that you've made it this far, by the way--after the really early losses at 3 weeks and 6 weeks, your body is hanging onto this baby, and this baby is hanging on to you.

May God bless you and help you and this new baby to flourish during a happy and healthy pregnancy!

L.,
hang in there! If you are on progesterone suppositories, you are well on your way. You would be surprised at how many Dr's ignore this issue. I miscarried at 9 weeks with my first child. From the time I found out I was pregnant, I spotted and cramped daily. My OB just said it was normal and when I miscarried he said, "it happens", and that was that. I knew in my gut that something was wrong, and it was probably with me. I had a known Thyroid condition, but my OB never once suggested I see an endocrinologist. As things happen, I ended up getting pregnant again right away. I immediately made an appointment with a reproductive endocrinologist that I had researched on the internet. My next pregnancy was going the same as my first, and she immediately put me on progesterone. The pregnancy progressed and I had a few episodes of heavier bleeding. Each time she upped my dosage and each time the bleeding stopped. At 12 weeks the bleeding stopped completely and she weaned me from the meds. The entire time I was on progesterone, my OB said that there were no conclusive studies that prove it works, but that he felt it couldn't hurt to take it. I delivered a healthy 9lb 4oz baby boy who turned 7 last month. I followed the same regimen with my second child (also a boy) and again had a healthy delivery.

So, you're doing everything right. Try to stay positive and try not to stress. I know how hard that can be after so many heartbreaks.

(((Hugs))))

K. C.

1 / 3