Stuffed Animals - Richardson,TX

I am looking for a place to donate new and gently used stuffed animals. I have checked with local fire departments and they do take some but I want to get rid of them all at once. Any suggetions other that Good Will type spots?

L. B.

What about a children's hospital or Ronald McDonald house? My wife works at Children's Medical Center downtown and the department you would inquire with is Child Life (or ask for a child life specialist; they are in charge of the play rooms). Children's has a new hospital in Plano, too.

Stuffed animals are rather tricky to get rid of because they hold germs. That is why most places, including children's hospitals, do not accept them. You may see if there is a woman's shelter in your area that would like them.

Some police stations and social work organizations also take them for when they respond to calls where children will be separated from their parents for a while. From what I understand, they are always looking for more.

You might check with police department and department of children and family services.

Also check with local animal shelters.

Local animal shelters LOVE them! :)

Have you tried a disability facility or nursing homes we had a garage last year and alot of workers were looking for these stuffed animals for BINGO type games.Now I know where to go next time.Got rid of all mine

I donate mine to a wonderful nonprofit organization based in Plano called Adam's Animals. It was started by a friend of mine who lost her son, Adam Hurst, to cancer. It has grown into quite an operation. She accepts donated stuffed animals and then distributes them to children in the hospital. Last year, she delivered more than 6,000 stuffed animals. You can check out the website at adamsanimals.org.

1 / 3