Stroller Suggestions

I am looking to buy a stroller made for two children(front to back) can anyone give any suggestions on which brand of stroller to buy?

Hi there,

We really love our Fisher Price sit and stand stroller. It allows our four year old to hop on and off the back (there's also a seat belt to keep them in place) and the front seat works for our two-year-old. The handle is high so even my 6'5" husband doesn't have to bend down to push it.

Other brands like Joovy make more expensive sit and stands, but I wouldn't pay more $, especially since the Fisher Price front seat reclines, and the Joovy's doesn't.

Only drawback: the front seat is not the most comfortable seat for sleeping (i.e. not a lot of cushioning).

Also, I don't know the ages of your daughters, but the front seat will only work for babies who are able to sit well (although the stroller does claim to accommodate many carseat buckets). I'm not sure, though, that the bucket seat wouldn't affect the older child's ability to sit on the jumpseat in back (although she could always stand).

I think the Fisher Price retails for about $160, but I have seen it as low as $99 at some box stores like BJ's. We got ours used off Craig's List for $80.

I am looking to obtain a "double" stroller for my 3 yr old and her 1 yr old sister. I am opting out of getting an actual double and looking more into the Sit & Stand. They are significantly cheaper and I've spoken with a number of mothers who love it for their children. It allows the older child the freedom to walk with you, sit on the cushioned seat, or stand on the platform while you push.

Good look.

The first thing I suggest is not the front and back stroller. I know that this may go against what most people will say, but once you have a side-by-side (and I have had both) you will never go back. I have gone through so many strollers!!!

We go to the parks (Universal, Disney, Zoo, etc.) a lot and I wanted something that was light, folded up easily and small, allowed the boys to lean back to sleep and had a shade that could be moved front to back to block the sun from what ever direction it was coming. I thought I would never find it, but I did! Here is a link to a picture of it. http://us.st12.yimg.com/us.st.yimg.com/I/yhst-69518535304...#

They make it in different colors - mine is black and yellow since I have boys. Also, the padding that is on the back rolls up to provide a pillow and the material behind it is mesh - for hotter days.

I have had this stroller for over two years. My youngest son was about 10 months old when I got it, but he could have started in it much sooner. Prior to that I had a front to back and I promis you that there is no comparison. This stroller is so much more convenient - bar none!

Sam

PS - I failed to mention that my boys are now 3 & 5 1/2 and still use this stroller. I am certain I have another year or possible more that I will be able to use it even though my oldest wont necessarily need it.

I have 2 children as well. My daughter is 3 1/2 and my son is 1 1/2. I have the Graco Duo Glider and I love it! You can open and close it with one hand, and it has lots of storage space underneath. I highly recommend it to everyone!!

Before you buy a stroller, you should join freecycle. The website is www.freecycle.org. Everything is free - you can post "wanted" items or "offers." I got a jogging stroller in great condition from another member which saved us $200. Just a few days ago someone posted a double stroller. Definitely check it out. You can get rid of items you don't need and find things that you'd otherwise have to buy. And it keeps things out of the landfill. Good luck.
Kristen

When my son was born 18 months ago, I had a 2.5 yo at the time and bought the Joovy Caboose Ultralight in Sage Green from Amazon. I cannot say enough WONDEREFUL things about it! We didn’t want the dual stroller since my daughter really likes to walk, and the dual strollers are huge. The Ultralight, (not sold in stores right now), is better than the regular Caboose, which is sold at BrU. It’s lighter, has a bigger and higher canopy, has better wheels, includes the parent organizer and the jump seat can be secured. We have used the stroller many many many times (zoo, mall, walks, Disney, Universal etc) and LOVE it. My daughter enjoys standing and sitting on the back. It is SO easy to fold and lift and is quite compact. Also, we’re tall people (I’m 5’10”, hubby is 6’2”) and the handles are so comfortable and we don’t kick the stroller when walking.

The Ultrlight is built with more height clearance and will accommodate taller children – my now 4 yo is 45" and she can sit comfortably under the canopy. I am extremely impressed with this stroller and would highly recommend it!

The only downsides are when using the infant car seat, the canopy cannot be used and the basket area is a little hard to get to, but the benefits far far out way those things.

I did a lot of research on strollers before I decided on the Ultralight, and although the Baby Trend and others may be cheaper and will do a similar job, the easy of use, the durability, the little extras (taller handles, larger canopy etc), the comfort, and the fact that it accommodates taller kids is worth the extra 60 bucks.

~J.

1 / 3