Stroller for Child over 50 Lbs

Ok. My little man will be 5 in a few days, and I think I need a new stroller. I have a 3 wheel jogger, but I want an umbrella that I can keep in the truck for those " quick trips to the store. " The one we currently have, I think tops out at 45 lbs. I do realise that he is a little to old for a stroller, but with his " issues " this is best for all of us. ( TRUST ME! ) Do you have any brands that might be what I am looking for? He is an only child, so all I need is a single. No frills, just a stroller with a higher weight limit. ( PLEASE NO HATEFUL COMMENTS! Im looking for help, not a tear down! )

I was going to suggest a Maclaren as well. Mine is an absolute workhorse, and while my oldest hasn't topped 50 lbs yet, I have no doubt my Mac will be able to handle it.

Ooo - coolness. I did a quick Google on "stroller weight limits" and found out that at strollers.com you can sort by type and weight limits: http://www.strollers.com/

Just use the left side bar to sort "strollers by capacity", select single, and then scroll *way* down on the left to sort by weight - they show 116 strollers in the 50-70 pound range, and 30 in the 70 pounds or more range.

The best bet would be to go to a wheelchair place because they will also specialize in pediatric strollers or ask around and see who would be the best to get the stroller. I am a physical therapist and it would definitely be beneficial to continue with a stroller but it is hard to find in a typical store but someone who specializes in pediatric wheelchairs and strollers will be able to help. If you live in texas close to Abilene I can give you the number to someone who is really good and can definitely help.

Maclaren Techno XLR would fit the bill. It goes up to 65 lbs. It's a little pricy at $350, but I just purchased a 2008 model on www.babydealz.com for about $275. Only difference from 2009 are some of the color options. I received it yesterday and have inspected it thoroughly. It's in excellent condition. All other Maclarens are recommended up to 65 lbs. You can see one at Baby Earth in Round Rock.

There are other brands that are appropriate for the weight, but none as compact as Maclaren that I have found.

I have a MaClaren (probably not spelling right but I don't want to go look at it in the car). It is their umbrella stroller and I love it. I bouhg tit for the same reason. Quick trips into places. I believe it holds up to 75 pounds but I am sure you could check for sure online. It folds up small and can be left in the car without being in the way. I got it at Costco for around $100. Hope this helps!

Bless your heart sweet mommy- I have a ADHD/Sensory Integration 6 year old at home and know exactly what you mean about "issues" when it comes to a stroller. Try the Jeep brand of umbrella stroller. I know they sell them at HEB. Take a trip to Babies R Us they will have the knowledge of them and you can see what you want and then either buy on line or whatever. Good luck and don't forget to take some time to take care of you!

M.,
I don't know of any over 50lbs, I have always used the umbrella strollers.. maybe just keep looking at those. And I'm so sorry that you are worried about hateful comments, I think this website should only be for encouragement. And I personnally have two girls 7 & 9 who would love to be able to stay in strollers forever.. so don't get discouraged. God Bless.

Same for me, going to Disney and there is no way to even walk from the parking area to the front gate with a 4 year old who's over 50 lbs.

My son rode in a stroller when we went places until he was about 6 year old. He would take a few toys along to keep himself occupied while I did my shopping. He's over 7 now and often rides in the buggy when we go to the grocery store. I don't mind because I don't have to worry about him wandering off from me or start picking stuff out to buy.

Good luck and God bless you.

1 / 3