Stride Rite Shoes

My daughter is 10 months and trying to learn to walk. I am wondering where I can get some Stride Rite shoes. She is still wearing a size 1! HELP!

If you live around Poplar Bluff, MO there is a small shoe store on Vine Street that may carry them or can tell you where you can find them.

I found my son's 1st pair @ Dillard's. There is also an outlet for Stride Rite in Gonzales @ the outlet mall. You may also search online for children's clothing stores. Good Luck!!

Hi B.,

If you are ever in WLR there is a great little shoe store called Heel to Toe (http://www.heeltotoekidsshoes.com/) We started going there because my both my boys have extra wide feet and we could not find their size in the department stores.

Good Luck,
A. K

There is a Stride Rite store in Bossier City at the River Walk. Hope this helps.

EDIT...Sorry didn't see until after I posted that you are in Cabot, Arkansas!!

here you go :)

http://www.striderite.com

I would try to take her in and have them measure her foot if you can. I was having my daughter wear a size smaller than she actually was and didn't know it

edited to add....the shoes were the same price in the old size vs new size

I also take my daughter to a specialty children's shoe store in addition to Stride Rite ;)

Stride Rite shoes are great and can be found at Dillard's, JC Penney, etc. Usually the department stores will carry them. Two even better options are Robeez (wonderful for beginning walkers all of the way to 4 yrs.) and Pediaped shoes. Both can be found online or in the mall (I know for sure Melodies Gifts has both). Our chiropractor recommended Robeez and we used them for our daughter for years. We used them for our son for a long time but I also used the Pediaped and then came across some very cute Stride Rites on sale so I started using those. Kudos for taking care of your baby's feet! Enjoy!

I live in Fayetteville, but our Dillard's carries Stride Rite shoes and we also have a Stride Rite shoe store in Rogers at the new Pinnacle Hills Promenade. If you're ever up this way. You can also order them online.

Definitely go to Heel to Toe at Trellis Square on Rodney Parham in Little Rock. GREAT place!

There is a Stride Rite store in Lakeside Mall.

One of the moms who posted below is right the super soft ones are best at first. However, as she becomes more and more comfortable walking you need something sturdier. I never used robeez or pediapeds for my son because by the time I was putting shoes on him at 10 months he was already in a 4. We used Stride Rite straight away. They come in half sizes and a variety of widths (narrow to extra wide). A lot of times moms overlook what they put on their kid's feet but poorly made shoes can lead to feet, knee and back problems all the way into adulthood. The drawback is that they can be expensive. However, Bossier City has an outlet at the Boardwalk and the shoes are about half the retail price. I don't really know where you live, but it might be worth a trip. You can get a lot of good deals on children's clothes at a variety of stores there. At any rate, I am preparing to move from Louisiana to Alaska and I believe in SR shoes so strongly and the prices at the Outlet are so good that I bought tennis shoes for my son (20 months) in sizes 7.5-13 and my baby (due in August) in sizes 3-8. They should be set for a couple of years and I saved about $350.

I am not sure where you are located, but We go to Heel to Toe in Little Rock - on Rodney Parham in the shopping Center past Wild Oats. You can also check Dillards, I am pretty sure they carry them.

I've never used stride rite shoes for mine, I used reebok's because they have a firm sole and the leather is soft to conform to their feet. Also, they make Reebok's in wide and narrow widths to best fit your child. I have worked with shoes for several years and for many many people the reebok's worked best. Good Luck.

Belk carries stridge rite, and also, the new mall in Rogers has a full stride rite store. Although, it is better for the baby to LEARN to walk with no shoes on, and then put shoes on later. Of course, every baby is different!

i'd go with a soft sole shoe outside and barefoot at all times indoors. it's what's best for her foot and calf muscle development, and for the development of the arch. try robeez or other soft soled shoes. here are a few links:

http://www.pediped.com/Home/softsoles.aspx

http://www.robeez.com/department.aspx?deptid=224&Pric...

http://www.bobuxusa.com/baby_shoes/girls

http://www.askdrsears.com/faq/az58.asp

Hi B.
Stride rite makes your children wear a shoe size bigger then what they wear because of the price you pay for them. My son is 16 months old and he has been walking since he was 9 months old. He has never worn a pair of stride rite shoes because I didnt feel it was right that they wanted him to wear shoes that were to big for him. We went to wal-mart and payless and got a pair of high top shoes for him to use when he first learned to walk so that it wasn't nothing when he dragged them on the ground by crawling. After we started buying him reebox because his doctor said that as long as a babys ankel is supported it doesn't matter the brand. But you can buy stride rite off the internet at striderite.com or just type in stride rite in the search engine. On the stride rite website you can print the chart to size your daughter your self also.