Stretch Marks - Houston, TX

While I was pregnant I gained a LOT of weight which resulted in a lot of stretch marks. I've got them on my hips, thighs, stomach & lower back. When I was pregnant I used the Palmer's cocoa butter stretch mark cream every day & I'm still continuing to use it daily. It's been a month since I gave birth, but I haven't seen an lightening or subsiding of the stretch marks. I know that stretch marks don't go away, but does anyone know if or when these may fade? Also, will tanning darken the stretch marks? With summer upon us I would really like to get a little color, but I don't want to make the stretch marks appear even worse. Thanks in advance for any advice or help!
-K.

Their is a product from Avon called Avon Solutions Refine Stretch mark Smoother or Super Shape AntiCellulite Stretch Mark. I used the Refine for a whole year and it faded out my stretch real light. You can see them but mine were tore up over and over after I had a ce section because they had left it open and had to care for it myself but the only way was with a clear duct tape and it stripped my stetch marks every day for 3 months. But this cream has helped me tremendous. I like it it is not sticky and does n't smell bad. I heard there is a new one but I have not seen it yet. Good luck.

OK let's clear up the sun issue. Stretch marks are actually scar tissue. Scar tissue is more delicate and more susceptible to sunburn, so no the sun will not make them worse, but they may burn or seem more noticeable as your skin tans and the stretch marks don't.

Next, since stretch marks are scar tissue products like Maderma may help. What really worked for my ugly angry red stretch marks is 100% cocoa butter in a little yellow stick. You can find it at Walgreens, and it is a yellow stick. This really worked to fade my stretch marks and now they are hardly noticeable.

Scar tissue or stretch marks may not fully go away, but they will fade so hang in there. It may take a few months!

I also had stretch marks and it wasn't because I gained lots of weight, but 2 and 1/2 years later you can still see the marks. They haven't lightened a whole lot, but you can definitely see that they aren't as purple. From a physicians point of view, the creams out there don't really reduce the marks. Time does

I believe they are hereditary (it makes sense to me that your skins texture/thickness/elasticity comes from your heritage) and basically my genes are so bad that my stretch marks have stretch marks. I have yet to conquer the ones brought on by my pregnancy but when I went through puberty, my breasts went from an A to a C cup overnight. After about 2 years, they did finally "fade" from the silvery-pink to a shade lighter than my skin color. I noticed that when they were newer, they were much more sensitive to the sun. I have light skin but I can tan very easily and after they began fading, they practically disappeared when I tan. When my tan fades, they are more noticeable. I think it all depends on your skin type. Try it out just a little at a time.

My boy was born a month ago and the darker parts are just starting to wear off (I can actually, at this point, scratch the pigment off...but I wouldn't suggest this as it leaves the skin really raw. I did that with my first son and it hurt). Don't worry...you'll always have them but they will fade.

your stretch marks will get worse with sun. I dont remember what company has it but there is now womething to help with stretch marks I know its new there are advertisments about it right now. for now I would suggest little sun in the areas your worried about because that skin is sinsitive and will/could burn easier then the other parts. give your body some time to heal.

no the sun makes them worse i got sun burned last summer and girl they was so red and ugly bye the stuff that helps takes scores away that helps

I sell avon and they have a product that works great. Many of my customers swear by it. I just ordered some to try myself. If anyone is interested you can go to www.youravon.com/yhernandez9956 to check it out.

1 / 3