Strange Pain on Thigh

so the skin on my thigh hurts. its the top of my right thigh, and it feels scratched, or sunburned or maybe even bruised in a 2 inch band from the inner thigh over the top to the outside, doesn't hurt past my hipline. The inner portion hurts the most though, just brushing over it is very uncomfortable like a sunburn and if you push on it it feels more like a bruise.
The skin is not hot, or red. there are no marks at all, and i don't think its even swollen.
It has been like this for about 3 days now and I have no clue what to think?
any ideas?

I have pain deeper in the thigh which is actually a pinched nerve from my lower back which is relieved by chiropractic. My skin is also ultra sensitive, sometimes just from wearing jeans that rub the wrong way, and I am right handed so my whole right side is a bit bigger and the right pant leg can chafe when the left does not. Sometimes just from sleeping on the side and having my underwear pull against my groin. I always wear my underwear inside out to have the seams not against my skin. I would wait another few days but then talk to a doctor.

it could potentially be cellulitis... but.. i'm not a doctor so take what i say with a grain of salt. good luck finding it out. if its bothering you, you could always consult your dr about it.

The 2 things that come to my mind are yeast, easily solved with OTC ointment, and a blood clot, which is serious and needs to be checked out at once. If you're on the pill, that's a possibility. They can do a doppler test, I think, to check on that.

Google Tactile Allodynia. It is basically a painful sensation from not normally painful stimuli such as brushing against cloithing. It is usually neurologically based. So it could be nerve pain. Do you have a back or neck injury??

My first thought is the onset of shingles. I would get it checked out and becareful, it is contagious.

It's awfully hard to be specific, K.. I've had transient pain like you describe, and I've always assumed it was just that I have extremely sensitive skin. But because this in on your thigh, if it persists, I'd have a doctor check it and rule out a serious problem like a blood clot.

It sounds like the start of shingles - which can last for up to 5 weeks! But if you get on the antibiotic within the 1st 72 hours, the pain is diminished. I would get to a doctor ASAP. Good luck!!

I had that from my stomach down to my knees. Same exact thing you are describing. Went to the E.R. and they gave me some steroids. After the second day of taking it, I was feelin so much better. It wasn't all the way gone, but I could tolerate wearin clothes. Go see your doctor as soon as possible. It could be a number of things. It just sounds like what I went through. Hope you feel better soon! Keep us updated!

1 / 3