Stopped Taking Birth Control (The Pill) **Edited**

So i stopped at the end of my last pack and have had abdominal pain. Not too bad but it is there. It feels like it would be my uterus or my ovaries. If i push on that area it is sensitive. Anybody had this happen to them?

**edit**
we also used a condom containing spermacide before the pain started.(my dh didn't finish so I don't think I'm pregnant). it doesn't hurt to urinate but I can feel the pain after the release of the urine. it hurts if i lean onto something in that area.

So i took a pregnancy test and it was negative (thank goodness) i called my dr and she suspected a bladder infection... But it doesn't feel like one. The pain has decreased today so maybe it is just my body getting back to normal. I am drinking a ton of cran juice just in case. Thanks for all the help!!

1. Go to the doctor! At least give them a call and speak to someone about what it might be, but they might want to see you anyways.
2. If you think the discomfort is from stopping the pill, many women have "regulated" themselves by using a supplement called Vitex (Chaste Berry). It is supposed to help get the reproductive system back to a normal level of functioning after being used to extra hormones. Many fertility experts recommend this to women who want to get pregnant after being on the pill for a long time because it helps get the cycle regular again. It might help with other issues like tenderness, as long as it isn't due to some other issue.

So funny, I also stopped taking the pill recently after taking it four years and having three pregnancies for the years prior. I had forgotten what it felt like to ovulate!

It could be that, so I would keep track of when you feel the discomfort. If it persists I would see a gyno. Better safe than sorry, right?

E.,

YES I had this happen. When I went off of birth control I had pretty extreme abdominal pain/pressure. It would hurt when I sat down right in that area, but it also just hurt in general. Mine was also accompanied with breast pain and occasional migraines, blurred vision, and dizziness.

I had an ultrasound done, and the lady told me that the pain and pressure was probably happening during ovulation, but it never seemed to go away! So I went to see my OBGYN and she prescribed me some new birth control pills called YAZ, and I'm not kidding, that fixed all of my problems. I will never go off of birth control again!!

I would definitely go see your doctor. Hope you feel better soon!

I had an ovarian cyst once after going off the pill. You are more likely to get cysts when you are not on the pill. You could also be having some pain from ovulating. It depends where you are in you cycle. Sounds like it would be worth a call to your Ob/Gyn, especially if the pain increases or doesn't go away.

I would highly recommend going to your female doctor or at least calling to ask about it. Other advice might be nice to consider, but I would put the most weight on your doctor's opinion.

I'm not a doctor and there could always be other reasons for it medically, so you should ask your doctor to be sure, but since I stopped taking the pill I knew when I was ovulating because my ovaries would get a little sensitive and painful at ovulating time.

I thought I was crazy, but I have always 'listened' to my body. I know exactly when my period is going to start without looking at a calendar. I know when foods are made with coconut oil or other things I shouldn't eat.

I read some articles about it and found out that I'm not crazy. Some women really can tell when they ovulate! It's probably a bit more pronounced now since you just stopped taking the pill and your body is returning to its normal routine.

I had cramping when I went off the pill as well. My doctor ordered an ultrasound just to be on the safe side and it turned out to be my body just getting used to ovulating again. I only had one cycle and then was pregnant (which was the idea of getting off the pill in the first place) so I don't know how long it would have lasted otherwise. If you are concerned, though, I agree that you should see your OB.

My sister had pains after she stopped the pill. Her OB said that she was feeling the egg being released and traveling, because she hadn't for so long. But I would certainly get it checked out.

1 / 3