Stopped Mini Pill and No Period

Updated on November 11, 2006
K.B. asks from Kingsport, TN

i was on he mini pill for about 3 weeks and stopped. i have not had a period since july 14? i have had prego tests that are neg. wondering if this is common? i was only on it for such a short time.

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Johnson City on

Have your period always been normal? I'm asking this because I have PCOS and when I'm not on birth control to regulate my cycle I normally don't have a period. This is a common promblem that alot more women are being diagnosed with.

answers from Knoxville on

It could be because you stopped the pill, but I would get checked out by your OB/GYN. They could do a HCG level to tell if you were preg.. The level may not be high enough in your urine to tell.
They could also do a Ultrasound to find out. I would followup with them early next week. You never know girl. Good luck..
O was you wanting to get preggo?

answers from Nashville on

It could be because you stopped taking the pill. I'm on Ortho TriCyclen Lo, and whenever I miss 1 pill close to THE week, I start menustrating, so I dunno! I would definately go to your OB/GYN to have them check it out. Good Luck!

answers from Augusta on

Hi K....welcome to my world!! =) I had my first child January 7, 2005....didn't take the pill and never had a period since he was pregnancies. I have seen my OB/GYN several times and she always puts me on Provera..which works for the months I take it, but as soon as I don't take it one month, I don't have a period....this is the cycle I am on now. No period since February, 2006 except for March when I took the Provera and then last month, I had a very heavy period out of the blue. I am still not convinced that this last "period" may not have been a very early miscarriage. My OB/GYN has done numerous tests and have determined that nothing is wrong with my reproductive system....I am actually going to see a new GYN next week. The reason I can't take Provera all of the time is because when I was on a regular cycle of Provera every month, I got pregnant...which was the result we were hoping for, but we're not quite ready for Baby #2 yet. My previous doctor told me that I seem to be perfectly healthy and that my lack of periods didn't seem to be that big of a, after spending LOTS of money on at home pregnancy tests, my suggestion to you is to go see your OB/GYN and tell her your concerns...hopefully he/she can help you out.

answers from Johnson City on

I always took orth tri cyclin so I have no idea have you had a blood test done? I dont know what to say other than try to have test and ultra sounds of your uterus done a fried of mine has very irregular periods and ended up having metalscmirtz syndrome another fried has a miss shaped uterus and very bad cysts on her ovarys so you may have to take a stand and not be passive about trying to find out what exactly is going on it took my friend miscarring a whole bunches of times before she found out she will probably never have kids just ask your doctor what can be done to find out

answers from Knoxville on

I once didn't have periods for about 11 months, when I was too skinny. You have to have 11% body fat to menstrate. Maybe you lost some weight.

answers from Biloxi on

are you on the mini pill because you are breast feeding? even after i quit the mini pill i didn't have a period the whole year i breast fed my son.

Next question: Mini-pill