Stopped Mini Pill and No Period

i was on he mini pill for about 3 weeks and stopped. i have not had a period since july 14? i have had prego tests that are neg. wondering if this is common? i was only on it for such a short time.

are you on the mini pill because you are breast feeding? even after i quit the mini pill i didn't have a period the whole year i breast fed my son.

I once didn't have periods for about 11 months, when I was too skinny. You have to have 11% body fat to menstrate. Maybe you lost some weight.

I always took orth tri cyclin so I have no idea have you had a blood test done? I dont know what to say other than try to have test and ultra sounds of your uterus done a fried of mine has very irregular periods and ended up having metalscmirtz syndrome another fried has a miss shaped uterus and very bad cysts on her ovarys so you may have to take a stand and not be passive about trying to find out what exactly is going on it took my friend miscarring a whole bunches of times before she found out she will probably never have kids just ask your doctor what can be done to find out

Hi K....welcome to my world!! =) I had my first child January 7, 2005....didn't take the pill and never had a period since he was born...no pregnancies. I have seen my OB/GYN several times and she always puts me on Provera..which works for the months I take it, but as soon as I don't take it one month, I don't have a period....this is the cycle I am on now. No period since February, 2006 except for March when I took the Provera and then last month, I had a very heavy period out of the blue. I am still not convinced that this last "period" may not have been a very early miscarriage. My OB/GYN has done numerous tests and have determined that nothing is wrong with my reproductive system....I am actually going to see a new GYN next week. The reason I can't take Provera all of the time is because when I was on a regular cycle of Provera every month, I got pregnant...which was the result we were hoping for, but we're not quite ready for Baby #2 yet. My previous doctor told me that I seem to be perfectly healthy and that my lack of periods didn't seem to be that big of a deal....so, after spending LOTS of money on at home pregnancy tests, my suggestion to you is to go see your OB/GYN and tell her your concerns...hopefully he/she can help you out.

It could be because you stopped taking the pill. I'm on Ortho TriCyclen Lo, and whenever I miss 1 pill close to THE week, I start menustrating, so I dunno! I would definately go to your OB/GYN to have them check it out. Good Luck!

It could be because you stopped the pill, but I would get checked out by your OB/GYN. They could do a HCG level to tell if you were preg.. The level may not be high enough in your urine to tell.
They could also do a Ultrasound to find out. I would followup with them early next week. You never know girl. Good luck..
O was you wanting to get preggo?

Have your period always been normal? I'm asking this because I have PCOS and when I'm not on birth control to regulate my cycle I normally don't have a period. This is a common promblem that alot more women are being diagnosed with.

1 / 3