Stomach Virus Without a Fever

Ok so my youngest, who is 3, has been not quite herself all day. Not as energetic, low appetite, just puny but not running a fever or having any other symptoms until this evening. Tonight before dinner she vomited twice. Now about 1 hours prior I had given her some allergy medicine after she ate 1/2 peanut butter sandwaich so it is very likely it was the medicine that caused it but I'm afraid with her being run down today it could be a stomach bug. I won't worry about it more unless she shows continued vomiting or other symptoms but in your personal experiences is it possible to have a stomach virus without a fever? What are some other things that can cause vomiting without a fever? Believe it or not my oldest has never had a stomach virus related vomiting incident. Her vomiting has been associated with allergy drainage.

My kids have never had a fever with a stomach virus and my 9 year old had an 11 day stomach virus last spring. Thought I was going to go nuts. The doctor didn't even want to see her because believe it or not they can last that long. (on day 9 I insistent she be seen by the doctor...they tested her stool but it it came back negative and she was over the bug 2 days later)

I had a stomach virus a couple of weeks ago. No fever. Just vomitting and diahrea all morning, then tired for the rest of the day. I drank Gatorade to stay hydrated and ate a brat diet and pretzels for the rest of the weekend.

Could be from swallowing all the drainage, or vomiting can be from a mild case of food poisoning. You dont usually get a fever from that either.

I can't recall ever having a fever with a stomach virus.

We've never experienced fever with stomach virus. We have experienced vomiting due to allergies and drainage.

Our weather changed here in TX and I've been nauseous all day simply due to drainage.

Just a thought

My GD is home sick today also. Stomach bothering her; no fever; run down; just doesn't feel good! Yuk!

She could have a stomach bug, they don't always run fever when they have a stomach virus and there is one going around. Also, you mentioned that you gave her allergy medicine, if she is having any drainage from the allergies, it could cause her to be a little sick to the stomach.

My whole family was sick this past week. One a day almost. Last Sat I was in bed ALL day. I gelt awful and my stomach hurt. It started the Wed before with my 4 yr old, then my 10 month old, skipped Fri, then Sat noght my husband got sick. Sunday night one of older my girls, then Tues night my other girl. My son just complained his stomach was bothering him. None of us had a fever. I don't think I have ever had a fever with a stomach virus. It is going around though.

1 / 3