Stocking Stuffers for Co-Workers

Hello All! I am looking for creative ideas for inexpensive stocking stuffers for my co-workers. We have a budget of $10-$15 for the whole group of 11. Not much can be bought now-a-days for $1 each but I'm hoping all of you can give me some great ideas that I have not thought about. Ages of these women range from mid-20's to mid-50's. Food was a thought, but with limited time and I'm not that good at cooking anyway....I'm looking to steer away from those type of ideas. Any ideas you have would be greatly appreciated! Thank you and happy holidays to all!

Everyne's ideas are great, but another one would be to find inexpensive water bottles (the ones you refill) and buy some flavor sticks (usually about $1 at Walmart) and put a few in the empty bottle, put in a gift bag and give it away. I've done this for teachers and they love it. Most everone drinks water and this gives them something practical to use plus you can pick fun and different flavors for everyone to try. Happy Holidays!

Avon has the best lip balm in holiday scents for 99 cents. You could google a local rep. I order them every year for my family stockings and they always ask for more!

I have two ideas that I have used in the past. One is to give a new toothbrush either to have at home, office or for a guest that forgets theirs. Also you can always give a scratch off lottery ticket. That is what I did this year and the group loved the thrill. One of the girls won $20 and several won $2 or $4.

Hi J.!
I have two ideas that you might like.

1. You could buy cases of individual serving snack foods and split them up and make little inexpensive baskets or gift bags for your coworkers. Like buy a case of small sodas, single serving chips, candies, and cookies and split them up to give everyone a little snack kit. It always good to have little goodies at the office to get yourself through to lunch.

2. You could buy or make one big tray of sweets and put it in the breakroom with a Christmas card from yourself. I had a coworker do this one year and it was a great way for her to show us she was thinking of us, but she took care of us all at once. Everyone in our office really likes to have cakes, cookies, etc as snacks in the morning with their coffee.

Can you tie knots? I make bookmarks and give to everyone, all the time. Depending on where you purchase the charms (I buy them from watchus.com online in large quanties) or from Hobby Lobby when they're on sale. I like the Bead Treasure beads in the large containers (must make sure the holes are large enough) for the waxed linen to thread thru them. Hobby lobby has them on sale almost every other week. If you're interested in making them, just let me know and I'd be happy to help. They cost about a dollar each to make (depending on how much you spend for the charm).

Dollar bins at Target, Michael's, Dollar Tree, etc. You know, something like a kitchen towel or a cooking utensil from the dollar store is not a bad idea. I wouldn't get things like chap sticks and notepads. I bet there will be a lot of that stuff. ...something practical. How fun! Have a great time!

You should try the dollar store. Good ones are the Dollar Tree, King Dollar and the 99 Cent store. I used to go all the time when I taught school for prizes and gifts. You can find nice calendars, candles, fancy chocolates, and other gifts that are name brand. Good luck!

We used to do this at bunko and the most popular items are Scratch Off Lottery tickets. It's fun to see who wins what. We did have a $200. winner from a $1.00 scratch off- but usually it is just a few $2 or $4 winners. But everyone loves the POSSIBILITY of winning! And as good as any other dollar item. Or just buy eleven quick picks.

If you have a "Dollar Tree" near you, they are wonderful! You could get all kinds of things and everything there is a dollar each! How about a bottle of lotion? Last year I got a bunch of those hair towels that are shaped for your head with the button. This year i got them all "Shammy Wow's" They also have these exfoliating gloves, that you can wear in the shower or tub, to get that dead winter skin off! Good luck!

Go to Dollar Tree. They have lotions, vases, frames, etc. Some aren't even worth the dollar, but they do surprise me most of the time with some neat stuff. Just look around. They even have tools.

Michael's has some great dollar items sometimes as well.

I am SO familiar with your problem! I have several ladies' groups that I like to remember at Christmas, and it's always a challenge to come up with something that is a nice gesture without breaking the budget. What I did this year was go to Big Lots and look for sets of ornaments that I could divide, giving one to each person. I found really cute ones in sets of 4 for $3.00 and another 4 for $4.00. I wrapped each one in tissue, placed it in a party favor bag and threw in a few pieces of candy just for good measure. Everyone seemed to be pleased with their "goodie bag", and it fulfilled exactly what I wanted to do--to tell these women that they are special to me.

I hope this helps you. Remember, it's not WHAT you give that it's important. It's that you wanted to give anything at all.

You can make homemade cocoa recipe. It has evaporated milk and other things in it. Google and you can find the recipe. Then put it in little bags with curling ribbon so it looks cute.

the Dollar tree has everything in its store for a dollar each, some of its stuff looks SUPER cheesie, but some are really cute things you just gotta look. Hope this helps.

Go to the dollar store! You'd be surprised how many nice things they have there! Holiday candy, gloves, hats, cute coffee mugs, pens, notebooks, photo frames, etc. Or look at the dollar section at target! They have specialty ground coffee in little pkgs, calendars, notepads, etc, lots to choose from!

Do you have any scrapbooking paper lying around? We took composition notebooks (50 cents to $1) each and applied the paper to the outside and inside of the notebooks with glue, and put some do dads or stick on bling to decorate. We added a bookmark (can also be made with coordinated paper) and every one we've given them to has loved them (and copied the idea for others.) Wal-mart had the notebooks

Hit the dollar spot at Target- they have some awesome stuff right now- If you are in San Antonio the dollar spot at the one at 410 and Blanco has a huge selection of fun stuff!

Hi J.
I have always had good luck finding inexpensive stocking stuffers at CVS, Walgreens and Target. For the last several years I've participated in Secret Santa with coworkers and always have fun hunting for the cute but cheap gifts.

The Dollar Tree has some nice Cds and many other wonderful items. I know you said no food, but they have fantastic maple cookies. You could buy some celophane bags and put a few cookies in and twist tie it. I really like specially prepared pecans (you can get them at Kroger in the deli area) that can also be done this way.

Cracker Barrel has fantastic Christmas ornaments and old fashioned candies, you're sure to meet your budget there.

The dollar section at target has cute mini bags of flavored coffee. You would recognize the brand, just can't think of it.

Here are 2 things I have done in the past:

Votive Yankee Candles in holiday scents (the holiday scents are uaually discounted)

Buy 1 or 2 packages of nice christmas ornaments and divide them up.

I went to Oriental Trading Co (on-line) and got a manicure set for each of my female co-workers. They were $5.95 ea, they come in blue, green, and pink. I even got one for my daughter at her request, she is 22 and the oldest female co-worker said she would use it and she is 55.

I also went to "El Marcado" in San Antonio and bought some pashmina shawls, since I purchased more than three, they were $15.00 each & you can choose colors & designs for each co-worker.

Best of luck.

Hi there! I was in Pier One the other day, and they have some cute girly stocking stuffers. There was a little pink tape measure,wallets, jewelry, and other small things. The sales associate was

The Dollar Tree has lots of great things. I bought my co-workers (6) all gifts for under 5.00. (socks, a Christams container filled with candy, a note pad and pen) They loved them and remember it's the thought that counts!

I would check out the Dollar Tree Store, I have found beautiful votive candle holders, pictures frames, even Christmas Mugs that you could put cocoa mix, candy, etc in the cup & wrap in cellophane and have a great gift!

Merry Christmas!!
Deb

When I was at Toys R Us I saw several bens with some dollar stuff. One of them had little pens with snowmen, which are really cute. Also, go to the dollar store. You can pick up little trial size things or little toys for $1. We used to do this at my old place of work & it was so much fun. Hope you guys have a blast

Hersheys candy bars in personalized wrappers have always been a huge hit for me. VERY inexpensive but because they are personalized they are very well liked.
Just go to youtube and google "candy bar slider with Dawn". Very simple to make.

Also if your coworkers like to stamp or scrapbook, I have a sale going on right now on my website that you can get items starting at only $1. www.cherishedmoments.myctmh.com

The dollar store is a great place. Get toys or things that describe that persons personality. Like get an extra large pair of sunglasses for the person in your office that is the most focused. A 100 grande candy bar for someone who is really talented and might make a lot of money one day. A toy bling ring for someone who always is put together so well. A army man set for the person you would definitely want on your team! etc...... This is always fun especially if you can present each gift in front everyone explaining why you chose that particular toy for them.
Good Luck and Merry Christmas!!

Give GREEN bags!! Everyone loves those now. I saw really cute ones at TJ MAXX. Look at Target in the dollar bins. Always good stuff there.

The dollar ideas work, but I have really gotten into recycling and homemade crafts. Of course, the dollar ideas work if you want to go to the store, but I have found that the time it takes me to get to the store and find something takes more time than making something.
One idea is "cookies in a jar" where you put all the ingredients or the cookies in a mason jar. The nice thing about this one is that you do not have to cook and the person who receives it can have cookies after Christmas. You can also make stationery - just take a picture or phrase and you can have a copy place make it into a notepad that is personalized - or you can print it out yourself onto cards. You could even make cards, and if you google ideas for diy greeting cards, there are some cute ideas out there. You can also go to familyfun.com for some cute homemade ornaments. There is one on there that only requires strips of paper and you can get help from the kiddos. Whatever you end up doing - have fun with it - what a great idea!

Hi J., Have you been to the Dollar Stores? They usually will have some cute little figurines or something cute that is only a $1. So go to one of those and see what you can find. They even have Jewelry that is inexpensive. Hope this helps some. C.

Go to thrift stores (goodwill, salvation army) and buy Christmas mugs or pretty coffee cups (I saw some nice stemmed ones there the other day). Fill them with: chocolate kisses, coco mix, or a spiced tea mixture. Wrap them in clear cellophane and tie with a ribbon.

Buy votive candles. Use a stamp, company stamp, Christmas stamp..... Stamp regular tissue paper and cut so fit the sides of the votive candle. Take a hair dryer, aim it towards the side of the candle, moving it, watch the candle, its surface will become shinny, wrap the sides of the candle with the tissue paper. Its really easier to do than explain.

Check @ hobby lobby. They have some cute holiday stuff that might work for what you are looking for. I used their stuff for a secret santa several years ago w/a small budget and was able to find some neat stuff. Good Luck and Merry Christmas!

A few cheap and easy ideas:

1)Buy bags of candy, green cellophane, and ribbon, wrap up bags of treats and voila!
2) Buy plain ornaments (packs of 9 for $5 example) and a paint pen - write their name and the year (I gave my coworkers hand-made beaded ornaments last year)
3)check the dollar section at Target and the dollar store for $1 holiday towels (I saw them at my Target yesterday - give them each a towel wrapped pretty with a candy cane

How about some truffles or other really nice candy that is individually wrapped?

What about mini-bottles of hand sanitizer? Useful for cold & flu season. (Bath & Bodyworks has some scented ones, 5 for $5). I also like the idea of getting some cellophane gift bags and a candy assortment.