Stinky Diaper Champ

I love my Diaper Champ. My only complaint is that I can't seem to control the odor. I do my best to change the bags VERY often, spray Lysol/Oust, use those yellow disks in the bottom, etc. Does anyone have a new remedy that might help control the odor?? Thanks.

I use scented bags from the dollar store in my Diaper Champ (they are $1 for a roll of 40 and are potporri scented) and then I put a stick up inside of the diaper champ. This seems to help, however if I get a really bad diaper then I just bundle it up an take it straight outside to the trash.

There is a new product out right now that we use and it is wonderful! It is called "Diaper EZ". It comes in a little pump spray bottle. You simple spray each diaper 5-6 times and put it in the champ, no more odors! The website is http://www.diaperez.com Give it a try!

N.

I have a Diaper Champ, too. I started putting baking soda inside the bag each time I changed it. That works well.

I used Simple Solution (or Nature's Miracle) that you use for pet odors. It has an enzyme that actually neutralizes the odors vs just covering them up. YOu can get these products at Petco or Petsmart. I just spray the inside of the pail really good and then close it and let it sit for a day (it works better if it stays wet for a while. I LOVED my diaper champ and this helped us keep it through 2 kids (had it 5 years!!)

We have a diaper champ too and we've been using it for 3 years without too much stink. We use the odor control kitchen garbage bags. We also put an odor absorbing bag of rocks that we found in the pet section(I think it's for litter boxes). We do this in addition to spraying down the can every week with Lysol. Hope this helps!

I always put the poopy diapers in quart size, freezer ziplock baggies. They work well and are not too expensive if you buy the store brand.

Unfortunately there is not much you can do once they start real food that is when the odor really gets to be a problem. I did the very same thing as what you did and all those diaper things have the same problem. I gave up after the second kid and now with my third, I just take it to the garbage can in the garage after every change. It's a pain but no smell! I tell all new mommy's to get the room video monitor instead. No smell and I can see if the baby is standing up and fussying or not. Much better equipment. Sorry this may not be the thing you wanted to hear.

:), D.

N.

Throw it in the GARBAGE!!!! I know what you're going through. I gave up on our Diaper Genie after our first child. I actually bought a second one, but got rid of it when it started smelling like a dead rat despite cleaning, "deodorizing" and scenting. There is absolutely nothing you can do. With my second child, I divorced the diaper disposal systems completely. I just save grocery bags and throw away each poop in the outdoor garbage can as it comes. Good luck.

We had that problem--first we took the container outside, gave it a good scrub and cleaned it out with some diluted bleach. I started keeping Wal Mart bags on my diaper table and would wrap the dirty diaper in a grocery bag before I put them in the diaper champ. It works for us--my son is 3 and my daughter is 16 months. We have one in both bedrooms (3-year-old uses PullUps at night) and don't have that problem anymore.

We have the same problem with our Diaper Champ. We've been using the Odor Control Trash Bags by Glad, I believe or the other name brand trash bags. It helps some, but doesn't get rid of all the odor. We also put a powder air freshner inside and on top where the diapers go too. However, we are still left a little bit of odor. Seemed like it wasn't so bad when he was under 1 year old. However, now that he is 2 1/2, it has been used a lot, it seems to not help on the odor much. C.

1 / 3