Still Looking for a Doula / Birthing Partner in West Suburbs. (Due Dec 14) - Hinsdale,IL

Updated on December 07, 2011
C.P. asks from Hinsdale, IL

I posted this question before but unfortunately got only two responses for doulas that live just as far as Chicago (we are in hinsdale - I am delivering in Downers Grove)... If that's the case I might as well use the same person I had for my other two births.

Does anyone have anyone to recommend??

Are there really no doulas in the west suburbs - close to hinsdale, western springs, clarendon hills, etc...? :-/

• Add your own comment
  • Ask your own question
  • Join the Mamapedia community
  • as inappropriate
  • this with your friends

answers from Chicago on

Hi C.. There are lots of doulas in the western suburbs. Go to and search or if you want to private message me your info I'll post it on our yahoo doula board (I'm a doula in Oak Park) and I'm sure you'll get doulas from your area contacting you.

Congrats and good luck!

answers from Chicago on

I am a doula from lockport. I might be able to help, and if not, I know A LOT of other doulas that I could put you in contact with! Please email me at and we'll see what we can come up with!

answers from Chicago on

Birthing resources are provided at for the chicago area.
I also recommend that you contact Stephanie Eby at ###-###-#### or email to

answers from Chicago on

Here's a listing of my old neighbor. I didn't use her, but one of my other neighbor's did and really liked her. She's had 5 kids - 4 of them as VBACs with Bradley Method so she is very experienced.

Carrie Bohanan

Availability last updated: 5/15/2011
Birth Doula
Email: Contact Carrie
Phone: ###-###-####
Area of practice: Bolingbrook
Languages spoken: English
Certified Birth Doula with 1 birth doula certifications

Click through to the doula profile for Carrie Bohanan for complete details on all certifications and qualifications

Birth doula fee: Not specified

answers from Chicago on

contact Joy Latuvnik, she is close to you. I know she's in the western suburbs.
you can also contact her on facebook at: Mama Joy - Birth Doula

Good Luck,

Next question: Has Anyone Used a Doula?