Sticky Swing Chains

Does anyone know how to clean the plastic covering on the chains that attach to swings? Our's have become very sticky and the kids don't want to swing because they don't want to touch the chains.I've tried soapy water and that did not work. Thanks.

You might want to try vinegar. It cuts through all kinds of things and my mom has been using it forever in our home since I was a kid I recently also started using Windex Multi Surface for lots.

What about Goo Gone? I've found that works on lots of sticky messes. It's an oil from citrus plants that seems to de-gum sticky items without ruining them.

I'd say goo gone, too. If that doesn't work, I'd bet SOS pads would, they're amazing.

I had been looking at buying a swing set from someone for my kids but it didn't work out. Anyway the woman had taken a pair of nylons, cut off the toe part and put it over the plastic tubing. She had twist tie type things at the top and bottom, above and below the plastic, to hold it in place. This might be why. Plastic tends to get sticky from dirty residue and moisture.

Ours are starting to get that way too. I was planning to try a good scrub down with a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It's on the to-do list anyway!

1 / 3