Sticker Adhesive on Shirt

My son's school uniform shirt went through the washer and dryer with a sticker on it. Anyone have any tips how to get the adhesive residue off of the shirt (cotton/poly blend)?

Some suggetions would be...using a stain remover like "SHOUT" or something of that sort. Spray it on shirt and use an old toothbrush to help remove--then put shirt to wash again. Hopefully it comes out!

maybe googone will help....................most stores carry it......
or a warm iron ...put a brown paper bog on the sticker spot
and iron the bag not the shirt...this works for gum and wax but not sure of sticker glue.
i would try the googone first or other moms ideas befor the iron trick!

Duct tape - seriously!
Use the tape to take the adhesive off. It will be very time consuming, but is it very very effective.

M.,

I have had this happen to me more than once. I swear by ice. I have used ice cubes more times than I can count and it works great. Just hold the ice cube on for a couple of minutes and start to roll the glue off.

Good Luck.

Citrasolve will take it right off! Just follow the directions! And it has a delicious orangy-citrus smell!

Hey M.,

I swear Goo-Gone found in most grocery stores or K-Marts or Wal-Marts. Goo-Gone will take out almost anything and it does not smell bad.

Good Luck!!

Have you tried acetone? It removes nearly anything adhesive, and I don't believe it will cause a stain.

HTH,

It takes some elbow grease, but scrubbing with an alcohol soaked cotton ball or alcohol soaked dish rag is your best bet. Scrub from the outside edges of the adhesive outline to the center so that it will ball up (and not stick to other parts of the fabric). This has worked for me.
--P.

I think GooGone might leave an oily spot??? If so, I've heard that Dawn dish detergent is good for oily spots.
The duct tape sounds like a good idea. Maybe any other idea that works for pb might work here, too. Did you try freezing the shirt and scraping (or using a coarse bristle brush) it off?

1 / 3