Stay at Home Mom Seeking Book Club

Hi everyone!

I am a 32 year old stay at home mom of a very sweet 17 month old. I love every minute I spend with him, but have recently realized I really need to start making time for myself to have "adult time." I'm sure there are other stay at home moms out there that feel the same way. After having my son, I got back into reading. I have been really wanting to find a book club with people that have similiar interests as me. I was a high school teacher before starting my family. I LOVE being a stay at home Mom. I am just really needing some adult interaction! If you know of any book clubs or are interested in starting one, let me know. I am looking for something in the Clayton/Maplewood/Dogtown/U.City are.

Hi everybody!

Thank you so much for your responses! There seems to be several people interested, so here is my next request...what are people thinking in terms of days/times to meet? I think every other week would be a good start. Post what days and times work best for you and we'll see if we can get something going. I am also interested in book suggestions. Here are some of my most recent reads:

Middlesex
The Nanny Diaries
A Prayer for Owen Meany (Every few years I re-read this one!)
A Tree Grows in Brooklyn
One Child
The Glass Castle
Water for Elephants
A Million Little Pieces
Like Family
About to start: The Bell Jar

J. I am a 48 year old mom at home -- although not sure WHY I'm still at home since my youngest of three is 13. I love a good book discussion and meeting new people, so I'd love to join in if you get a book club going. The Clayton/Ladue/UCity areas would be my vote but since I don't have small children I would be happy to drive anywhere. Is there a bookstore near you that you enjoy going to? That can be a good meeting place, or some libraries have rooms that can be reserved.

I'm currently living in Clayton, although I will probably be moving out towards West County soon, but a book club sounds interesting. Out of curiousity, when would people be interested in meeting?

Hi J., it's J. Owen's mom! Let me know if you get something together - sounds like there are a lot of nearby ladies interested!

Hi I just joined this site and would love to join a book club. I know it has been a while since you posted this, but have you guys created a club, and if so, can I join in? I'm a stay at home mom of a 7 1/2 month old and just realized I need adult interaction, as well. I love to read, and seem to have similar interests as you in book choice. Also a former high school teacher.

I'm a 29 year old (as of yesterday!) married mom of a 9 year old. In the past year I have finally taken up reading for pleasure again. I would be interested in joining a book club, depending on the types of books (recently i've read Augusten Burroughs, Wally Lamb, & Armistead Maupin). I am in Bevo and am willing to travel to any of the areas mentioned by J. S.
I'm a paralegal. I work regular business hours. I have also started making jewelry and plan to open an online store at etsy.com in the next few weeks.

Hi, I'm a 32 year old working mother of a six year old daughter. I work weird hours because I'm a home health nurse. I love to read, and do so often. i don't know of a book club, but would love to participate in one, I'm in dogtown.

1 / 3