Stanford Binet Test Results

My 4 year old scored a 130 on the Stanford Binet...Does anyone know what the ranges are? Is a 130 normal?

Thank you to all who provided some sense to my daughters score on the Stanford Binet. I wouldn't have had her tested at all, but in order to get in to Hunter College Elementary they required it. So I figured it couldn't hurt to have her tested. Her score isn't high enough to get her into round 2 testing. But I am relieved because I really like the school that she's in now. Faced with other alternatives would have just stressed me out.

100 is average 15 +/- that is in the average range. 130 is in the superior range. Most peple in the field do not believe the results to be reliable until age 7 when IQ stablizes, so the number that you received is only an estimate, but a high one!! congrats.

IQ of 130 is above average but not in the gifted range.

An average range on an IQ test is 85 - 115. 130 would be a very good score :-)

I'm not sure, but would call the person who administered the test to find out for sure!
Best wishes!

I Googled Stanford -Binet and found this website that listed what different scores meant...
www.kids-iq-tests.com/stanford-binet-intelligence-scale.htm - 14k .

I couldn't find another that was any more specific.. Hope this helps....According to this scale your 4 yr. old is more than normal....

what is the satnford binet test?

130 is normal on the high side. In the "old days" in NYC public school, it qualified a child to be in accelerated classes.

Hi L.!

I have been a school psychologist for about 9 years now. A 130 on a SB intelligence test would be considered Above Average. I would however not rely too heavily on that number. Testing a child before the age of 6/7 years of age is often not reliable. Why are you having your child tested? What are your concerns? Let me know if you have any further questions.

H.

1 / 3