Stand up Shower and Baby Bath

Hi

I have a 6mth old baby girl. We live in an apartment with a stand up shower. I have been giving her baths in the sink, which has worked out great. She is to active for those plastic baby tubes. She is crawling, standing and pulling herself up on everything. I have seen those inflatable tubes,but not sure how well it will work for a 6mth old. She loves bathes and gets excited when she plays, but loves to throw herself backwards. Some of those tubes look kind of big. If anyone has any suggests I would really appreciated it. Thanks

Hi T.,

I would put my daughter in one of hte plastic baby tubs, situated on the floor, right up until she was about a year and a half old, because I also had a stand up shower. She would love to splashand play in it. I would put towels down, and she would climb in and out of it. I woudl always be sitting right there on the floor with her, and would help her if hse needed it. Be prepared to get wet, and enjoy it! It is so much fun to watch the children play like that!

Take care,
Liz

We were in the same situation for a couple of years...I would hand my husband the babies when he was in the shower and he would wash them then I would dry and dress them...and all my kids take showers because it's faster...I put 2 or 3 in at a time...once they could stand I've done showers...the whole urinating in the bath water thing...my youngest is almost 2 and showers with me or his big brothers and always has...the tub is for when they are sick or for a bubble bath treat.
Baby can sit in the shower while you shower and play with toys...

Hi T. -
Congratulations on your baby girl! I have an 11 month old daughter who also loves the bath. Up until she was about 6 months, I too, was bathing her in the sink...Then we went away on a cruise and I bought the inflatable one from Babies R' Us and it's TERRIFIC! It fit right into the small stall shower on the boat - no problems. It's so great that I started to use it at home right in my tub. My daughter tends to throw herself back in the tub too and this one is great because of the lip around it - it's soft and cushy for her little noggin! It folds up for easy travel and I just love it. Here's the link - http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2627247
Good luck!!

My 6 month old son does the same thing. We bought him a chair (looks like a blue sunbathing chair and it folds up) with a belt thing at Buy Buy Baby. He's stuck in there and can enjoy it while being in the big bath. He can't sit up alone yet so it's perfect.

Hi T..

With my first we had this blow up duck bath. It was annoying because it was always in the way, but my son LOVED IT!!!! Is your baby sitting up yet on her own? If she is this is an option, or any plastic baby tub will work.

I have been using those plastic tubs for a while my son is very active. You just have to watch them very close. I have not had any trouble with them. I used it for my daughter and now for my son. Good Luck! :)

I used an inflatable tub for our son and it worked well. I would recommend it!

I bathed my son in the kitchen sink until he was about a year old. I just cleaned it before and after, and it worked fine.

We bought the inflatable duck by Munchkin. Got it at Target. We love it. We actually threw out the other baby tub we got. We put the duck in the tub, but you can very well put it on the floor. My son was 2 in March and we're just thinking of taking him out of it now. It's great. And when you press the bill, he quacks.

1 / 3