Stains on Clothes After Being Stored for the Season

I have had problems with stains showing up on items after I have stored them for the season when they weren't there before. Does anyone know how to remove them? They are yellowed looking stains. Is there a product that works well on these kind of stains? I've tried shout & oxi clean soaking them with the stain removers and it doesn't touch them.

Try Clorox 2! I swear by it. I got stains out of a baby blanket that had been there for 15 years. let it soak atleast 30 minutes on the stain. I have twins and we have more stains than you can imagine. Clorox 2 always works no matter what it is.

I've had lots of luck with a mix of 1 cup laundry detergent, 1 cup bleach for colors and 1 cup dishwasher detergent, then soak for 24 hours and run the wash cycle of your washer. Not much gets by that mix, I think I actually got the 'recipe' from a parent book I bought long ago.

I had stains on clothes that I had put away after baby #1 and gotten out for baby #2... almost 3 years later! I thought all was lost. But I tried Biz. I had used that for all my cloth diapers and it was wonderful. I soaked everything that was stained, in a washer of hot water for quite a while.. until the water was cold. Then, I drained it and washed as usual. The stains were gone! Now, I haven't tried to find 'Biz' for a few years, it may not be around anymore. It's a presoak type powder. I got some at Dollar General once. I wasn't looking for it, but came upon it. So, if you don't find it in the usual place, you might look there.

I too have wondered where these mystery stain have come from. I get them too...lol

I would try Oxyclean (HOT HOT HOT water, other wise it doesn't work)...if you have delicates...use the Oxyclean Baby..it's a gentler formula and frankly I think it works BETTER because it's formulated for that horrid baby puke/spit that never comes out of anything.

Another thing my mom used to do with her good lace tableclothes was to run hot water in the bath tub and put in Cascade (yes the dish detergent) and the yellow stains would eventually come out...it may even work better in a washing machine if you can get the water hot enough to let it soak.

Finally, if none of that works and you are dealing with a pure white, I would use the Clorox bleach pen...I've found that extremely helpful on more than one occasion.

I have had the same problem. I use Oxiclean with my detergent and wash in hot water. It works everytime and I don't soak. Good Luck!

I had this happen before too. I just used the shout stain stick with the brush on it and put on the stains and scrubbed with the brush then washed them in cold water with the arm and hammer soap which is what we use for laundry soap and they didn't show up anymore until I stored them again. I don't know how those stains reappear after sitting in storage but they do.

I soak it in Nature Bright (http://www.shaklee.net/J./product/00305). I have found that it whitens and brightens clothes without the bleach toxins and discoloration.

I have always had good luck with "Wash Away" it is made by Whink. You can usually find it at Hy-Vee. I put it on the stain and let it sit for 5 minutes or more if I get distracted and toss in the wash with my regular detergent. This is great on getting out blood and spit up to!

1 / 3