Squishy Saggy Belly and Bikini?

ok ladies, my husband is no help on this. Before I had kids I was a size 4, with both kiddos I gained 75 lbs and it all went to my belly. I lost all the weight, run, work out and have a pretty toned body except my belly. IT IS SO SAGGY! I'm not one of those moms who looks great and thinks her belly is saggy but its really saggy....so saggy that I can't decide if I gross other people out when I wear a 2 piece! My husband says I look fine but I haven't ever seen another mom with a body type like mine so I can't compare and to see how I feel about watching someone else with a saggy belly wear a 2 piece. At this point I personally don't care what other people think but I want to know if other mommas wear 2 pieces when they feel a little self concious too!

*thanks for the honest answers...my skin doesn't hang over my belly, its just really stretched out!

*I do feel comfortable! I just want to know what other people think. I worked my booty off to lose 75 lbs 2 different times and I feel that even though I don't have a 17 year olds body I should be able to wear a 2 piece too. I really dislike having a white belly and it makes my stretch marks fade too. I was hoping I could be an encouragement for other momm as to say "Why not!" and wear swimsuits that they are proud of.

I have not been a size 4...well maybe for a few weeks in 7th grade. But there are so many 2 piece options now. Why not find a place that carries a bunch and see what looks best on you. Before kids I had a 2 piece with a bikini top and a skirt bottom and it was really cute. Now I am a plus size and have opted for the tankini top. I have also seen shorts style bottoms.

Wear what YOU feel best in! I only wear what's comfortable to me. Mostly, that translates to a tankini. If you're comfy in a bikini, then GO for it!
(But I haven't worn a size 4 since 3rd grade! LOL)

If you're comfortable, it really doesn't matter what other people think. If they don't like what they see, there are 359 other directions they can point their eyes.

I'll be honest...I think you need to care a little more of what others think. Seriously...I know this happens after having kids and there's nothing we women can do about saggy skin except plastic surgery (which of course isn't an option for most of us) but saggy belly's and two pieces are just WRONG!!! If you want to do that in the privacy of your own home...fine, otherwise wear a tankini with regular bottoms (meaning no skirt).

I'm 40, had twins, when standing my stomach is pretty much flat except for a "pooch" (as I call it) when I sit...it's not so flat but I don't wear a bikini.

Eeeks, I cringed just reading your title!

There are so many cute suits that are flattering and fun (not to mention comfortable) - why press the bikini issue?

I don't think it matters what size you are, wearing clothes (and swimsuits) well is the important thing. Dress to flatter what you have now!

No I don't wear a two-piece and wouldn't unless I had rock hard abs. I think that if your belly is saggy, there are flattering bottoms that cover most of the belly and pull things in. Honestly I can't stand when women wear skimpy string bikinis with their flab and rolls and cellulite hanging out, especially when there are so many flattering styles available. Call me critical but I want to just tap those women on the shoulder, hand them a mirror and say "you're not 17 find something that fits you."

Saggy belly....keep it covered with a one piece.

and for all those moms out there who wear real tiny swim bottoms when your bottom is big, it's time to size up and add a little swim skirt to big thighs and rump.

See LandsEnd.com for their "perfect swim suit finder." It shows lots of bodies and gives great ideas on how to look stunning---but ladies, you got to pick the right suit.

If you go to the beach, the community pool, a neighbor's pool party,... I would encourage everyone to be sensible and dress modestly. You really do look better when you make good decisions instead of just flaunting your body. I disagree with the poster who said flaunt it.

My opinion: if you wear your suit in your own back yard and that's it, then go for whatever you want. If anyone other than immediate family sees you, then make a good decision. The right clothes give you self confidence and that shows to everyone you meet!

No, don't wear a 2 piece. I would wear something more like a tankini where the top isn't skin tight. I didn't have saggy skin with my first baby. She was only 7 lbs, and my belly went right back to normal. Then I had baby #2, he was almost 10 lbs 11 oz!! And, I carry all OUT. I had a HUGE belly. I have a small body. I was bigger than women with twins. Anyway, I don't know what your skin is like on your belly, but mine is definitely looser now. I definitely would not wear a 2 piece. I want to wear something that I feel flatters my figure and points to the right spots - such as my boobs and arms/legs, not my belly. So, I would not show mine. I like tankini's.

1 / 3