Spotting Very Lightly.

I am a 22 year old newly wed. I had my period about 2 1/2 weeks ago and now i started having some symptoms like, sore breast, alittle cramping, mood changing, some craving, but no period. I spotted alittle for 2 days and then nothing else. I'm having alittle back pain, i have been feeling alittle sick at night and having very slight pains in my lower abdomen. I havent took a test yet bc i dont think i would be very far along if i am pregnant. Does anybody know what could cause anything of this?

Hi J. -
I may sound like a broken record since it seems that many of us are saying the same but I think it would be too early to tell if you're pregnant. Many of the symptoms you are describing are similar to the same symptoms that I have when I'm ovulating. Some months I have more cramping than others. The only thing that seemed a bit different was the sore breasts. Wait a few weeks and try a pregnancy test if you are hoping to conceive.

that's exactly how i felt in the early stages of pregnacy with both mine. a felling like you are about to 'come on', bloated, sore boobs. ... think the patter of tiny feet may be on it's way!!

I had almost the same problem with my last pregnancy. Since I was in doubt, I took an EPT and found out I was pregnant. I called my doctor since I was spotting. They rushed an ultrasound for me and it turned out that the placenta was separating. I had to be on bed rest for 6 weeks. After 6 weeks, everything healed up, and the rest of my pregnancy was normal. My suggestion is that you take a pregnancy test ASAP. If you are pregnant, call your OB/GYN right away! If something is wrong, they may be able to take steps to prevent things from getting worse. I wish you the best!

It sounds like you very likely could be pregnant. The light spotting could be implantation bleeding.

Hi J. -

Those are all symptoms of ovulation. Some women get stronger symptoms than others but I often had the cramping, moody, sore breasts, and back pain. The light spotting could be ovulation spotting which happens when the egg bursts through. If you had sex around these days you may have a good chance of getting pregnant. I would take a pregnancy test in another 1.5-2 weeks if your period doesn't show.

Sounds like it could be implantation (of the egg) bleeding. Wait a few days after your period was due and take a test. Good luck!

You don't say if you are using any birth control. If you are on the pill, this sounds like "break through" bleeding, which can happen when you are on a lower dose pill. If that is true, please talk with your doctor about going to a higher dose pill, because you can get pregnant at this time. If you are not on the pill, I would take an EPT now and if negative, take the second test two weeks from now.

Since you had your period only 2 wks ago it's still too early for pg symptoms. I think you are having ovulation symptoms since the timing would be right for that. Good luck and lots of babydust your way if you are TTC!:)

1 / 3