Spotting at 30 Weeks?

Hi everyone, first of all Happy New Year!
I am 30 weeks pregnant and just started spotting red this morning. I've been reading a little bit about spotting later in pregnancy but I want to know if anyone has a similar situation and what happened/what the cause was. I am going to call the doctor tomorrow since today is New Years (unless it gets heavy I will go to the hospital I assume?) Last night I was coughing and felt some pressure in my lower left ab whenever I coughed, not cramps but enough to hurt a little whenever I coughed. Today that feels better, I've felt my daughter move this morning, but spotting. I've had 1 c-section almost 3 yrs ago and this c-section is scheduled the beginning of March. Also, my placenta is in the front my doctor said and I've been reading about low lying placenta which at 20 weeks (for my ultrasound to find out the sex) my placenta was not low. I haven't had an internal exam since the beginning of my pregnancy and sex was 2 days ago so I don't think that would have caused it? Thanks for all your help I would just like some reassurance today.

Call the doctor right now. Spotting could be a serious condition including a partial detachment of the placentia. If any cramping go to the ER! Don't wait!

You are probably just fine, but go to the Dr. to get reassurance. I hope all is well.

L.~ I would definitely get checked out by your OB, but to reassure you, I had bleeding through 3 of my 4 pregnancies. My las pregnancy I bled the entire pregnancy sporadically and saw a Peri-Natalogist a few times, the baby was fine, I just had a small blood clot behind the placenta, which was also in the front of the uterus and nevery now and then the blood clot would leak out a little bit. Everything was fine, I delivered naturally at 37 weeks. I did have to stay on bed rest from 32 weeks until 37 weeks though.

Congratulation's on your coming baby girl! I have 3 girls and then a boy, it is so fun :)

W.

I had a little bit of spotting and cramping with my 2nd pregnancy...my boy is 9 months old now.

The important thing is that you feel the baby moving. It's when you don't that the doctors seem to worry. Still a good idea to check checked out by the OB.

Good luck to you and I hope we have given you a little reassurance to help you out.

N.

I had that with my second pregnancy. Almost all the way to the end. The spotting was very light so my doctor was not concerned. Make sure you call your doc if it gets worse.
Happy new year and congratulations!

My OBGYN told me after having several boughts of spotting with a pregnancy that led to miscarriage, that if it get tick or clotty and you could easily half saturate a pad it is emergency time.

But, if its spotty and not consistent it warrents a call to tge doc for a check.

Just make sure you keep your doc in the loop!

Congrats and good luck!

I had that with my first pregnancy and the Dr. told me that I had bruised my uterus. I figured it was while I was pulling weeds and kept bumping my belly against the retaining wall. With my third pregnancy I had "partial previa". The placenta is supposed to go all the way around the uturus and mine was starting to pool in one area. The Dr. told me that I wasn't allowed to do anything that required lifting or straining (laundry, vaccumming, sex) until it corrected. Both pregnancies turned out fine. Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine.

I hope you have been to the doctor by now. I never had late spotting, but my son was born at 31 weeks and is completely normal. If something were to happen and your daughter was born early, I just want to reassure you that things can still work out ok.

1 / 3