Spotting at 11 Weeks

I am currently 11.5 weeks into my second pregnancy and this morning I had some light spotting. It hasn't been constant all day and is brownish/pink rather than red, plus I haven't had any cramping. According to the MD office it is considered normal for this to happen before 13 weeks but is still enough to freak me out! This happened with my first and I was on bed rest for 7 weeks. The 8 week ultrasound was fine and we heard the heartbeat on doppler at 10 weeks. I am trying not to panic, but its hard to take it easy when you have a toddler. I'm sure things will be fine, but I am looking for similar situations that ended well (nothing that didn't please - my imagination can handle those on its own!).

I also spotted quite a bit in my pregnancy, I had to wear a pad the last couple of months of preganancy b/c of it! I just wanted to let you know that this is a normal part of pregnancy and you sound like you are really healthy. You are doing a great job!

I had a normal 8 week ultrasound and then had brownish spotting at 9 weeks. They had me come in and get my hormone levels tested, said my hormone levels were too low and that I should get another ultrasound. The second ultrasound was fine and they said not to worry. Sure enough, the spotting stopped after a couple of days and I had no more problems the rest of my pregnancy. I know it's hard when you're in the situation, but try to think positively :-)

I not only had spotting but during being affectionate with my husband had the sheets look like a war zone from some bleeding. And if I did any big chores I would start spotting again. Everything was coming out normal and the doctor told me to just take it easy if I started spotting again. So the house didn't get rearranged and painted like I wanted, but my baby is as perfect of a 2 1/2 year old that you could want. Relax and enjoy a good book or do something extra fun with your other baby while you have the chance, start the baby book (I still haven't started mine). Enjoy being pregnant - this too shall pass.

Its ok to be worried and its also ok for you to make an appointment with your DR. for piece of mind. Please go in and have them check out whats going on they may offer an ultrasound to re assure you that everything is going well. BIG HUGS

Oh honey, I spotted my entire 1st pregnancy. It means that either you over did it a little or that your placenta just separated from the uterus a little, it is totally normal. I know this might be entirely too much information, but I would spot more after sex too. It is normal as long as it isn't continual, like a steady flow. If it continues, go and see your doctor so they can rule out placenta previa or any other serious condition and to just put your nerves at ease. Hang in there.

I had this happen with my first I was 11 weeks at the time and rushed into the ER which they treated me the whole time like it wasn't a big deal till my blood work came back and showed that I was RH- which I at the time didn't realize or know that it could cause problems in pregnancies. Anyway then it turned into a glad you came in type of thing. Long story short.lol Anyway if you know already that your are not RH- then you should be fine If I hadn't tested RH- they would have just sent me on my way no worries and I believe I remembered they saying if it is not bright red blood no worries. But if you are worried it! it is better to go in and make sure all is o.k. then sitting around worrying!!

I went through that with my second too. The doctor had me take it easy, and with a toddler that wasn't easy. I should have laid down and taken it easy, but wanted to be Supermom and did too much. Because of that I ended up with more bleeding and cramping, which caused a trip to the E.R. Luckily our little one was okay, but after that I was forced to be on bedrest - only getting up for the bathroom, and a quick shower daily. This went on for 6 long weeks before they let me up. Thankfully we have a beautiful little girl from this experience. I wish that when things had first happened, I had gone ahead and slowed down instead of trying to do it all. Our problem was that the baby wasn't attaching properly and needed me to slow down so that she could. Good luck with your little one. I know that this is a scary time. Rely on others to help you out so that you can take care of yourself.

I spotted and bled quite a bit with our second pregnancy. Enough of course that I got dismissed to bedrest and told flat out from on OB that we would miscarry within the week or need a D&C. He always had a strong heartbeat and was active. We never did miscarry, in fact he was so happy and content he hung out in my uterus for an extra week and had to be forced out! LOL Take it easy at least emotionally, everything will be okay.

1 / 3